Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need Reccomendations... JFK to TAS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Need Reccomendations... JFK to TAS

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum.. can't figure out where to post.

I've searched and can't find much info here.

Looking to fly 2 adults from JFK to TAS sometime in Sept/Oct 2019 for a ~ week stay in Uzbekistan.

Trying to find the most comfortable route with as few stops as possible (1 stop is fine) with the most legroom.

I can't figure out what the most favorable route/airline would be.

Only thing I'm not flexible on is seat category has to be better than economy.

If budget is still an option -- what airlines/stops?
If budget isn't an option - what airlines/stops?

Apologies but even after searching I can't seem to find any decent info on which airline/seats/stops

BIG thanks in advance!!

- m -

Last edited by wallofiron; Oct 28, 2018 at 5:32 pm
Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:42 am

First things first: Airlines don't usually publish schedules until at least 330 days before departure. Some (WN comes to mind) post them with less notice than that. So at the extreme, 330 days from today is 24 September, 2019. You're guaranteed not to find anything for next October right now. Also worth noting is the fact that lots of schedule changes, including adding and removing routes, will happen after the schedule is initially released, so we're in solidly theoretical territory here.

That being said, using this fall as a guide here are a few airlines that may be worth looking at:
HY flies nonstop between JFK and TAS about 4 times a week. This is the only nonstop option. I've heard that their business class isn't anything to get excited about, but it's certainly "better than economy".
Your one stop options include:
TK flies to TAS via IST.
SU flies via SVO.
J2 flies via GYD.

Additionally, there are various 2-stop options, such as BA or AA to LHR, either BA or S7 to Moscow, and then S7 to TAS.

There are a few options that cross the Pacific (OZ and KE via ICN, CZ via PEK) but those seem overly long and unnecessary to me.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:31 am
Community Director Emerita

dfw88 has done a great job of giving you advice. We flew Korean Airlines but we started in LAX. The schedule forced us to overnight in Seoul so it was a lengthy albeit comfortable way to get there.

My go to method of looking for airlines that fly between city pairs is to go to flights.google.com. You can see the various carriers on the route and can limit it by alliance should you be looking to use points. You should check a couple different days of the week when you use this as sometimes a carrier will fly a specific route 3 or 4 days of the week instead of daily.

We went to Uzbekistan in 2015 and loved it. It's got stunning sights. It's one of the more remarkable places we've traveled. Enjoy.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Other than the HY non-stop, the only one with a reasonable connection time is TK
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I'd probably take TK or SU, depending on the timings and price.

kayak.com/direct is also a pretty good resource

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.