Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

I've done something very stupid and fallen for a flight attendant

I've done something very stupid and fallen for a flight attendant

Old Sep 18, 18, 5:25 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 4
I've done something very stupid and fallen for a flight attendant

Long-time lurker and poster at FT but am somewhat embarrassed about this situation.......

So I'm, a male in my mid-30s who was doing a mileage run overseas about eighteen months ago. On the outbound from the US, the FA requested my number when de-boarding so we could meet while I was abroad (which I thought was odd because I in no way flirted with her or made any advances). I gave her my cell, but she never called me so I quickly erased it from memory. Fast-forward a year later and she randomly texts me saying she is layed-over in my city for the weekend and wants to get together. We did, and what was an incredible day has now turned into a basically bi-weekly occurance where we meet for a weekend in whatever US city she has been assigned to. It's been going on for a little over 6 months or so.

Anyone ever have something like this happen to them before, and how long can this go on for? It's really started to kill my personal dating life since I have less and less of a desire to see anyone else.

As an aside, I've never spent a dime on her. We stay in her hotels (paid for by her airline), split costs of all meals, drinks, tickets, excursions, etc.
BatsihtStupid is offline  
Old Sep 18, 18, 5:31 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Berlin, SW Florida, and Toronto
Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
Posts: 29,136
What’s the problem? If you want to end it, then do so. Otherwise enjoy!
OceanAir and brp1264 like this.
LondonElite is offline  
Old Sep 18, 18, 5:32 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: LHR
Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG PLT (LT Gold), TK Gold, M&M S, BA Silver, Hyatt Dia
Posts: 4,722
Ahhh the days of Tarom flying to Delhi. Bought back some memories
ExpatSomchai is offline  
Old Sep 18, 18, 5:36 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: BNA (Nashville)
Programs: HH Gold,
Posts: 4,462
Wow, this sounds pretty exciting. Not sure why we need to know whether you spent any money on her, what’s the difference? I take my dates to dinner all the time.

How is it killing your ‘dating life’? Hasn’t it actually become your dating life?

if you are both single and having fun, why is it stupid? Do you see a future? If so, then go for it!
Goaguy and Aussienarelle like this.
bitterproffit is offline  
Old Sep 18, 18, 5:55 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: LAS
Programs: UA 1K (2MM), AA Exec Plat, BA Gold, MH Enrich Platinum
Posts: 1,689
I married one... best I do not provide advice (ex-wife).
zebranz is offline  
Old Sep 18, 18, 6:41 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by bitterproffit View Post
How is it killing your ‘dating life’? Hasn’t it actually become your dating life?

if you are both single and having fun, why is it stupid? Do you see a future? If so, then go for it!
I guess you could say it has becoming my dating life.....

Was really just trying to see if anyone else had something similar to this happen before and what the conclusion was.
BatsihtStupid is offline  
Old Sep 18, 18, 6:48 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SNA
Programs: Bonvoy Tit Forever, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN CP, CLEAR, Covid-19
Posts: 4,284
Originally Posted by BatsihtStupid View Post
Anyone ever have something like this happen to them before, and how long can this go on for?
Yes, and ~3 years off and on in my case (I moved out of her carrier's major service region).

But before you get too hooked, unless you know for sure, assume they may have a hookup at every airport. I'm sure the FA I knew did, but I was in my 30s and couldn't've cared less, it was "see you when I see you" on both ends.
kennycrudup is offline  
Old Sep 18, 18, 6:49 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: On the road, 24/7/365
Posts: 3,316
Not specific to your situation, but too good to be true always scares the h*ll out of me. Maybe you're feeling that? I was happily married to a "too good to be true" for 25 years. Good luck with it!
Aussienarelle likes this.
365RoadWarrior is offline  
Old Sep 18, 18, 9:32 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Eagar AZ 85925
Programs: Miles N More, One World
Posts: 140
Long time lurker and poster? You just joined this month. What's a long time for you? 24 hours?
Anyways, what do you want to happen? What do you want more, your "dating" life or her? Why do you only stay at her hotels? I'm just going to give you this simple piece of advice if you want her go after her. Don't string her along. Just make sure you can live with your decision.


sonofzeus likes this.
Lufthomie is offline  
Old Sep 19, 18, 2:12 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 558
Originally Posted by Lufthomie View Post
Long time lurker and poster? You just joined this month. What's a long time for you? 24 hours?
Anyways, what do you want to happen? What do you want more, your "dating" life or her? Why do you only stay at her hotels? I'm just going to give you this simple piece of advice if you want her go after her. Don't string her along. Just make sure you can live with your decision.
I'm guessing he's a long time lurker and poster but has created a new userid to post this specific question.
JamesKidd is offline  
Old Sep 19, 18, 2:14 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 558
Originally Posted by BatsihtStupid View Post
Long-time lurker and poster at FT but am somewhat embarrassed about this situation.......

So I'm, a male in my mid-30s who was doing a mileage run overseas about eighteen months ago. On the outbound from the US, the FA requested my number when de-boarding so we could meet while I was abroad (which I thought was odd because I in no way flirted with her or made any advances). I gave her my cell, but she never called me so I quickly erased it from memory. Fast-forward a year later and she randomly texts me saying she is layed-over in my city for the weekend and wants to get together. We did, and what was an incredible day has now turned into a basically bi-weekly occurance where we meet for a weekend in whatever US city she has been assigned to. It's been going on for a little over 6 months or so.

Anyone ever have something like this happen to them before, and how long can this go on for? It's really started to kill my personal dating life since I have less and less of a desire to see anyone else.

As an aside, I've never spent a dime on her. We stay in her hotels (paid for by her airline), split costs of all meals, drinks, tickets, excursions, etc.
^^
brp1264 likes this.
JamesKidd is offline  
Old Sep 19, 18, 5:08 am
  #12  
Carlson Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: OTP/KRK
Programs: M&M FTL, Flying Blue Silver, Miles+Bonus Gold, BAEC Blue
Posts: 648
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai View Post
Ahhh the days of Tarom flying to Delhi. Bought back some memories
some rumours say they will start flying again to India
ExpatSomchai likes this.
GBobon is offline  
Old Sep 19, 18, 6:12 am
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: ORD/MDW
Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Posts: 19,116
Stop looking a gift horse in the mouth and enjoy it while it lasts. One day she'll ask another pax for his number, and that'll be that.
kennycrudup and 84fiero like this.
BearX220 is offline  
Old Sep 19, 18, 6:16 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,998
Friend married a CX FA but that didn't end well. I've had offers from female FAs (and even some misjudging males) so it's not uncommon. I'd say it adds a level of difficulty to a relationship if the FA remains in the job and is from a different country/culture. If she would live in the same town ,has a similar background, and is home regularly, there should be no problem.
erik123 is offline  
Old Sep 19, 18, 9:55 am
  #15  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Posts: 13,665
I assume you are having sex?

I think you need to talk to her about your feelings and see where things are headed. Just booty no strings or relatiopnship?

On Seinfeld the barometer was... is there Tampax in your cupboard
Annalisa12 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: