Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Most ridiculous journey you've done/heard of?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most ridiculous journey you've done/heard of?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
A while ago I did a MEL-BNE via NAN, there was a QF double status credits offer and the fare in J was about the same as MEL-BNE direct.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Immediately after 9/11, Delta had a fare sale since travel was down, and I was an aviation enthusiast in high school, so my dad sent me on a day trip - JAN-ATL-LAX round trip in one day. Outbound was a 767-400 (which continued on to OGG - I was tempted to stay on board but that wasn’t allowed even for those ticketed through), return was an MD-11 (arrived from NRT) with only 44 passengers on board (myself included - I had the entire aft coach section to myself!). Cabin crew was the same on both - they were quite surprised to see me again! Final leg was an MD-88 with only 13 on board. Interesting times, those were.

I’ve done another flying-for-the-sake-of-flying trip since, but somehow the first seems more ridiculous even though the second was longer.
geoshina likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:10 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I just did ZRH-GVA-FRA-CMN-FRA-GVA-ZRH from Saturday afternoon to Sunday morning with a direct turnaround in CMN at 1-2am.
The crew on FRA-CMN-FRA and the transfer security guard in CMN both looked at me as if I was completly out of my mind.
strickerj and GavinMansfield like this.

Last edited by Nick Art; Feb 11, 2019 at 5:08 pm
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Two weeks ago I was at home at 10:30 PM on a Sunday night when my phone rang. One of my law partners said "can you be in New Orleans at 8:30 AM tomorrow for a hearing?" I said "can you send me $1,250 right now?". She did and off I went. I got 5 hours sleep and then got up at 4 AM, flew to CLT, had an hour layover, flew to MSY, took a Lyft to the courthouse, had a ten minute hearing, crossed the street to the Doubletree and got a cup of coffee then took another Lyft back and got on an 11:30 AM flight back to CLT and then back home. That was a long day.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:19 pm

Next week:

SJP-GRU-ZRH-SIN-AKL
AKL-ZQN
CHC-AKL-SIN-DOH-FRA-ZRH-GRU-CGH-SJP

Latam, Swiss, Singapore, Air New Zealand, Qatar

I'm tired just to think about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.