Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

trying to decide between D1 and LH first class (not that simple!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:41 am
Original Poster

so i currently have a ticket on D1 from TPA to LHR with a stop in DTW. the ticket cost me $2500 and can be cancelled with a $450 fee. so i would get refunded $2050. i've been itching to fly LH FC again and they tend to open up availability a day or two before travel from TPA. the routing would be TPA - IAD - FRA- LHR. so there is an additional stop and the layover in FRA is only one hour, so no real time to use the FC lounge. that ticket would cost me 110K United miles and $180. so i keep going back and forth and cant make up my mind and my trip is coming up next week! which would you choose and why?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Not worth the premium for LH F on that short hop IMO. Definitely not with the extra costs for the cancel and fees and points and such.

Both get you a flat bed to sleep in on the flight to Europe. And that's my primary goal on the short TATL trip.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I'd stick with what you already have if it were me. I wouldn't value the product that much more to have an extra stop, and spend the cancel fee. It's a fairly short hop across the pond, what you have with Delta One would be good enough for me. But it's your money and miles, so if you have enough of both and it makes you happier to switch, then do it. Just my two pennies!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:52 am
Original Poster

thanks thats what i was leaning towards. i'll stick with what i have and save my united points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.