Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Let's talk about your (our) carbon footprint.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's talk about your (our) carbon footprint.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
14.29 Million CHF not bad going.

Their expenses for staff/ admin/ management etc seem to rise pretty sharply each year as well. One of my issues with 'not-for-profit' is the huge salaries that seem to be paid out and the % of the pot that gets to be excluded under various terms before those profits are arrived at
Old Aug 7, 2018, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by petomoo
Considering the biggest Climate Change activist is a guy who flies exclusively on private jets (Leonardo DiCaprio), I don't consider our carbon foot print to be a threat and I'll continue flying.

Once Leo starts taking the bus or walking to places, I would consider reducing my carbon foot print.

Of course you realize how incredibly flawed that logic is? As long as Leo keeps jumping off bridges I'll do it too?

Last edited by GadgetFreak; Aug 7, 2018 at 2:51 pm
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
So to make clear you just accused someone of being a HCD ( people who are unlikely to ever be my best friends) because they didn't agree with your POV? Being the largest collection of, predominantly US scientists, in no way makes you sacrosanct. REALLY IMPORTANTLY ... has any religion got to do with it?!?!?! We all have our gods, or don't, but you throw that term out like it's nothing when if you're using I'd hope you understand its implications. Ive possibly discovered a whole new breed of Orthodox I never came across in the Kibbutz. I need to walk from this thread I guess because you've just called out a person you don't even know ( neither do I as it happens) as a HCD. 1-1500 in a single post and in no way, imho, to the benefit of Judaism, inclusion or tolerance. YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME! - Just ...!

Little historical fact for you. Mother Nature cares not what you do to her for good or bad, she'll make herself better and we as humans matter nothing to her. NOT a religious POV I agree but a fact all the less.

I read about the "irreversible changes that would end the world in 2020" 15 years ago, weird they seem to have recently changed to 'by 2050'
Um, what?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
@GadgetFreak- 110% not pointed at you, I quoted Dulci but it obvs didnt carry over. No insinuation implied in anyway. I take the tag quite seriously and would never intentionally misappropriate as I hope my post/ rant implied

** EDIT
No my quote carried over. Each to their own but to bring the HCD thing into something so evocative & painful which is in no way related is,IMHO, a disgrace & I dont find it okay to bring it into something totally unrelated to make a POV
>>> walks away
EDIT**

Last edited by TWCLAM; Aug 7, 2018 at 4:26 pm Reason: adjustment
Old Aug 7, 2018, 4:55 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

This thread has devolved in to personal attacks and off-topic posts.
Locking this one up
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.