Most unusual hotel room amenities you've ever seen

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most unusual hotel room amenities you've ever seen

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Peninsula Hong Kong:
-Telescope on a tripod
-Stationery with my name and "In Residence" printed on it. My wife also had stationery with her name on it.

Peninsula Beverly Hills had monogrammed pillow cases.

Reason for edit: Autocorrecf
MSPeconomist and Annalisa12 like this.

Last edited by Fraser; Jul 9, 2018 at 7:03 pm
Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:00 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
In my last hotel stay, there was a dirty washcloth over the shower rod.

Originally Posted by Fraser
-Stationary with my name and "In Residence" printed on it. My wife also had stationary with her name on it.
Did you stay very very still?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Fraser
Peninsula Hong Kong:
-Telescope on a tripod
-Stationary with my name and "In Residence" printed on it. My wife also had stationary with her name on it.

Peninsula Beverly Hills had monogrammed pillow cases.
Not criticizing, really. But I had to read this no less than 3 times. I kept thinking "Well, of course the telescope would be stationary - it's on a TRIPOD!!! But why would the telescope have your name and 'in Residence' printed on it?????"

fwiw, stationEry would be writing paper, envelopes, etc. StationAry is motionless.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Yesterday's comedy moment was brought to you courtesy of autocorrect...

i was typing on a phone whilst on a rough Indonesian road, apologies!
MSPeconomist and ajGoes like this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Not criticizing, really. But I had to read this no less than 3 times. I kept thinking "Well, of course the telescope would be stationary - it's on a TRIPOD!!! But why would the telescope have your name and 'in Residence' printed on it?????"

fwiw, stationEry would be writing paper, envelopes, etc. StationAry is motionless.
I am sure the poster is very thankful that you didn't criticize.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pinniped
Stayed at a Moxy recently: my room had a guitar and a turntable in it. There were 3-4 albums in the room and a whole box in the lobby to choose from.

Not audiophile-grade or anything, but kind of fun for an inexpensive Marriott brand. (Contrary to most concept-y brands, I actually kind of like Moxy for what it is. They'll begin fully recognizing Marriott elite status starting August 1.)
Same situation at the Ace Shoreditch in London - turntable and vinyl albums, although guitar had to be requested (which I did because what better way to get over jetlag and inability to sleep due to the clubs right outside than to jam a bit). There were also other sundry items in the room, including a condom (alongside various teas, etc.).
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:43 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I stayed in a budget hotel in Zurich, there was a "iphone" supplied with the room allowing international and local calls for free.
I stayed in a budget hotel in Tokyo, the toilet seat had a washing spray.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Same situation at the Ace Shoreditch in London - turntable and vinyl albums, although guitar had to be requested (which I did because what better way to get over jetlag and inability to sleep due to the clubs right outside than to jam a bit). There were also other sundry items in the room, including a condom (alongside various teas, etc.).
The nhow (I have no idea how you are supposed to pronounce that) in Berlin claims to be the world's only hotel with guitar room service, but clearly that's not true! In any case they will bring you a selection of guitars, keyboards, decks etc. https://www.nhow-berlin.com/en/facilities-services/
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: One World, Star Alliance
The Amari airport hotel BKK (Don Mueang) bug spray in the mini bar.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gingerlucy
The nhow (I have no idea how you are supposed to pronounce that) in Berlin claims to be the world's only hotel with guitar room service, but clearly that's not true! In any case they will bring you a selection of guitars, keyboards, decks etc. https://www.nhow-berlin.com/en/facilities-services/
Wow, that seems far more robust than the Ace. They have one model of Martin acoustic guitar. No keyboards, electric guitars, or DJ equipment (!)... That's pretty cool. Hope the walls/floors are well-insulated!
Old Jul 10, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Wow, that seems far more robust than the Ace. They have one model of Martin acoustic guitar. No keyboards, electric guitars, or DJ equipment (!)... That's pretty cool. Hope the walls/floors are well-insulated!
You can get a Gibson guitar loaner at the Westin Beale Street in Memphis, as well.

When I read this thread title it reminded me of this classic from the SPG forum.

Last edited by SpeedyDelivery; Jul 10, 2018 at 1:10 pm
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Stuffed teddy bear (one per guest) in a Conrad Hong Kong t-shirt, at (you guessed it) Conrad Hong Kong. And of course the rubber duckie in the bathroom. Nice touch, makes it stand out from the JW Marriott next door.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: Delta, BA, SW
Stayed in hotel just outside Seoul that had internet connected PC and monitor in room. They also had an ultraviolet cleaning machine for your toothbrush and water glass. Hotel in China had vibrating condoms. Learned at checkout they weren't complimentary when someone came running down to announce at the checkout desk that we owed them $6 !
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt G, Marriott LG, SQ *G
Excelsior Hotel Gallia in Milan had a stationary bike in the room, like one of those heavy duty ones in gyms. I thought that was kinda weird.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RealHJ
Stuffed teddy bear (one per guest) in a Conrad Hong Kong t-shirt, at (you guessed it) Conrad Hong Kong. And of course the rubber duckie in the bathroom. Nice touch, makes it stand out from the JW Marriott next door.
All Conrads have this. Usually the animal is somewhat native...Conrad Bangkok it was a small elephant, Conrad Bali was a monkey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.