Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

The most number of flights you've taken in ONE trip

The most number of flights you've taken in ONE trip

Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Between 20-30 in the first 12 days in 2012. 100,000 plus BIS. Never left the airport, slept on the plane every night. over 40 consecutive meals on a plane.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I'm pretty sure no airline operates HAJ-HAM.
That was a land transfer (train).
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:48 pm

Two weeks ago I did:
GRU-JNB-HKG-BKK-KUL-NRT-KUL-BKK-HAN-BKK-HKG-JNB-GRU
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
Over a period of about 9 weeks in 2005:

BOS - MDW - DEN - LAX - NRT - ICN - DMK (when it was BKK) - CNX - MDL - HEH - RGN - CNX (train) DMK - PNH (car) REP - PNH - SIN - ICN - IAD - BOS

17 flight legs plus 1 by train and 1 by car

I think my longest one-way trip from origin to destination (I.e. not an extended itinerary like the one above) has been 5 segments internationally (including an overnight in a hotel along the way; otherwise it’s 4 straight through) and 3 domestically (US).

Last edited by Kamalaasaa; Jun 26, 2018 at 4:12 pm Reason: Change segment number
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
ok, I looked it up. 43 flights on 2JUL15-28AUG15, but techincally trip was broken into two by a day at home.
yyz-ewr-aua-mia-sju-mia-cdg-kul-lgk-sin-tpe-hkg-add-gru-mao-gru-ist-kul-hkg-hnd-oka-mmy-isg-hnd-doh-dxb-lhr-ord-yyz,buf-ord-iah-sju-pty-gye-gps,scy-gye-bog-cur-pty-sjo-pty-hav-pty-yyz

And 41 flights 2JUL16-30AUG16
yyz-dfw-lax-lhr-mad-krk-lhr-auh-bom-ccu-del-kul-hkt-bkk-doh-yul-doh-bkk-nrt-pvg-akl-tbu-akl-syd-mel-auh-bom-bkk-zrh-bru-ebb-kgl,nbo-dxb-dus-gci,jer-lgw-dub-lhr-yyz-lax-dfw-yyz,

There have been longer trips, but with less flying.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:14 pm

I'm known for long trips, but I had an epic business trip last year (2017) from July to December:

83 Total Segments
- 5 Local Ground Transfers (e.g. FME-IAD, NRT-HND)
- 1 Train (LON-MAN)
= 77 Flight Segments
- 3 Charter Segments (h/t to Linear Air, always surprisingly inexpensive)
= 74 Commercial Segments
- 1 Direct One-Stop (FRA-KWI-BAH)
= 73 Commercial "Flights"

Routing:
LCI-FME/IAD-SFO-MUC-LHR/MAN-AMS-LIS-MAD-DUB-LHR-OSL-DUB-LHR-DUB-HEL-FRA-HKG-NRT-LAX-DEN-LAX-NRT/HND-FRA-LHR-FRA-IAD/FME-PSF-JFK-MIA-LAS-LAX-NRT-SIN-HKG-SIN-LHR-AMS-EDI-AMS-FRA-EZE-BOG-IAH-MEX-SFO-LHR-LIN-FRA-ARN-MAD-AMS-MUC-CPT-MUC-LHR-FRA-KWI-BAH-DXB-DEL-BOM-DXB-SIN-HKG-NRT-LAX-SFO-DEN-ORD-HND/NRT-SIN-ZRH-MAD-LIN-FRA-ARN-MUC-ZRH-BOS

Didn't make it home once during that stretch although I did set foot back in the US a few times without making it home. From memory, I think this trip used portions of three RTW tickets along with a number of standalone segments in between.

Some odd stories along the way:
- BA lost my luggage flying DUB-LHR-OSL. Completely lost. They had no clue. Fortunately, I had a Trakdot that said the bag never left DUB, so, knowing I'd never see it again unless I found it myself, I flew OSL-DUB-LHR to search during a long connection. By the time I got to DUB, though, they had sent the bag to DOH (!) so I missed it completely. A day later, though, the bag ended up back in DUB according to Trakdot, so I flew LHR-DUB-HEL and picked up the bag on the way. When I finally found it myself -- no help from the handling agent -- I saw that the handling agent had matched it with a completely different person and tried to send it to them in SHJ via DOH; there was a note from the handling agent in DOH saying, "Why did you send this to us? We no longer have flights on DOH-SHJ!" so, ironically, the boycott of Qatar helped return my bag. I no longer check bags on BA, needless to say.

- Due to client scheduling needs, I ended up flying from HKG to SIN over a couple of days as HKG-NRT-LAX-SFO-DEN-ORD-HND/NRT-SIN because I had a one day meeting in DEN that couldn't be rescheduled. (Yes, there are more optimal routing options, but I purchase my RTW tickets in Japan so I need to fly through Japan to reset my tickets.)

Fun times!
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; PriorityClub
rankorabu, was your break at home 23 hours and 59 minutes or less (thus making it technically a connection rather than a s/o?

Last edited by thefareguru; Jun 26, 2018 at 8:25 pm Reason: Reply did not refer to OP
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I think my longest is:

JFK - ICN - NRT - BKK - SYD - AKL - MEL - SYD - PEK - NRT - IAD
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:23 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Gold
DXB-NRT-HNL-MAJ-KWA-KSA-PNI-TKK-GUM-YAP-ROR-MNL-BKK-SYD-SIN-SGN-DXB to ride the UA Island Hopper. :-)
Old Jun 27, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
32 Flights on one trip:

MCI-SFO-LAX (revenue one half of a RT)
LAX-SFO-HNL-MAJ-KWA-KSA-PNI-TKK-GUM-MNL (revenue one half of a RT)
MNL-TAG (revenue one way)
CEB-MPH (revenue one way)
KLO-MNL (revenue one way)
MNL-BWN (revenue one way)
BWN-BKI (revenue one way)
BKI-ICN-HKG-SYD-RAR (first half of award)
RAR-AKL-ZQN (return of award stopping over in ZQN)
ZQN-AKL-SYD-CGK (rest of return on award)
SUB-DPS (revenue one way)
DPS-BKK-PEK-LAX-PHX-MCI (one way award)

...was home for five days then flew:
MCI-ORD-WAW-FRA-ADD-DXB-SIN-MNL (one way award)
MNL-ROR-GUM-NRT-LAX (the rest of the island hopper revenue RT)
LAX-SFO-MCI (the rest of the other revenue RT)

So if you include that, 45 flights total.

Chris

Last edited by JayhawkCO; Jun 27, 2018 at 7:11 am
Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by thefareguru
rankorabu, was your break at home 23 hours and 59 minutes or less (thus making it technically a connection rather than a s/o?
21:18 to 17:26 according to flight memory. I remember getting a rental car in YYZ, going home to do laundry, I think the family stopped by, and then driving to BUF the next afternoon. So I guess a connection!
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL
In 1978 my wife and I did an 8-month RTW trip. All Y; we were young backpackers, traveling on the cheap. No airline alliances back then. We could use any IATA carrier so long as we stayed within our mileage limit and didn't backtrack from west to east. (We had to buy the DMK-HKG-DMK segment separately since it was backtracking). SFO-HNL-NAN-AKL-(ground)-ROT-WLG-HKK-(ground)-TEU-MON-CHC-SYD-MEL-DPS-JKT-SIN-(ground)-KUL-PEN-HDY-HKT-DMK-HKG-DMK-CMB-KTM-(ground)-PKR-KTM-DEL-KBL-THR-SYZ-IFN-THR-CAI-AMM-(ground)-TLV-IST-SKG-ATH-(boat)-HER-ATH-FCO-(ground)-NCE-MAD-AGP-CMN-FEZ-(ground)-CMN-LIS-FAO-LIS-JFK-(ground)-LGA-DCA-(ground)-IAD-SFO. Not counting ground and boat segments, 45 flights in total.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

once saw a single pax have a ton of boarding passes printed at gate

were there any more specific threads like this in past?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:01 pm

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
I’m curious as to who has the most segments in a 24-hour period.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Kamalaasaa
I’m curious as to who has the most segments in a 24-hour period.
I’ll start, but it’s probably nowhere competitive ... from my post upthread, 6 flights (7 segments) in ~14 hrs (0800-2200)
  1. JFK-ALB
  2. ALB-SYR
  3. SYR-ROC-PIT
  4. PIT-BAL
  5. BAL-DCA
  6. DCA-ITH

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.