Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

How do you handle grumpy Flight Attendants ?

How do you handle grumpy Flight Attendants ?

Old Sep 2, 19, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
On a short flight there's not much in the way of interactions so I just ask for my beverage of choice and leave it at that.

For long haul, I definitely do my best to be courteous regardless of whom I am talking to. Sometimes it does encourage more positive attitudes from the people you talk to, but if it doesn't I don't spend too much time thinking about it. If it was particularly bad I could see myself complain after the flight and maybe get some compensation out of it, not that I think I'm entitled to it, airlines just seem to want to deal with such complaints with free miles.
Old Sep 3, 19, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Annalisa12 View Post
Just ignore their grumpiness. I'm more interested in hard product anyway.
The best hard product is going to be brought down by bad service.
Old Sep 3, 19, 2:05 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks

Programs: Metro-North Rubbish, Keisei Skinflint, KCR Headphones, Kopaja Platinum
Much less of an issue than grumpy passengers...although a pet peeve is FAs talking (obnoxiously) loudly in the galley
Old Sep 3, 19, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero View Post
The best hard product is going to be brought down by bad service.
Not for me. I just want comfy bed. I don't care for Dom, lobster, caviar or being greeted by name.
Badenoch likes this.
Old Sep 12, 19, 2:06 pm

Programs: BAEC, Skywards
I always try to be polite and smile. Their job is tough and we all have bad days. Unless I'm being snapped at which is have a comment for I'll just move on with my life inboard.
Old Sep 13, 19, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by Annalisa12 View Post
Not for me. I just want comfy bed. I don't care for Dom, lobster, caviar or being greeted by name.
US domestic F, is only about the hard product, the food is well..generally worse than fast food, how much alcohol do you really want (and really is it that important for you to get sauced on a plane?). You have a nice seat, early boarding to get overhead space and you get off near the front, and perhaps some priority during irrops. Do you really care about a warm hand towel and some soggy (why the hell are they always soggy) nuts?

Search this Thread