Wiki Posts
Search

Good travel agent for global flight bookings

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: some
Good travel agent for global flight bookings

Like many of you, I don't have a fixed abode (or more accurately, I have several). This means I need a travel agent who can book flights to and from anywhere. My current/previous TA was based in Germany and was excellent - able to book complex itineraries and able to find discounted fares almost anywhere. Unfortunately the poor guy has been diagnosed with cancer and so will be out of action for the foreseeable future.

I know this is probably not the 'correct' forum to post this question but I do think it is the right one and so look forward to your thoughts. If you prefer, you can PM me your recommendations.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:49 pm
Original Member

At least in the U.S. most travel agents do not book flights unless paid to so. In 2013 the cost was $300 in addition the the airfare. Most I know do their own ticketing, and that usually is more convenient and easier to manage.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: some
Originally Posted by KatW
At least in the U.S. most travel agents do not book flights unless paid to so. In 2013 the cost was $300 in addition the the airfare.
I should have said, I am happy to pay for bookings. Until recently I paid the German TA about 75 euros (except for particularly complicated itineraries).
Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:47 am

Count me in too. For me, the main criteria is being charged in GBP for flights from the UK to avoid foreign transaction fees and currency discrepancies. All our flights are in business or first. I have used AMEX Travel, who I find pretty good and recently saved ~6% vs booking directly on some First class tickets, but I would rather use an individual that I can build a relationship with.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:10 am

I would recommend Germany based @rcs85551, well-known FT member and mod of MR forum.

Never used his services so far (as I am quite handy at booking complex itineraries by myself) but he's highly praised by his clients-friends of mine. Very, very knowledgeable agent!
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:29 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
Count me in too. For me, the main criteria is being charged in GBP for flights from the UK to avoid foreign transaction fees and currency discrepancies. All our flights are in business or first. I have used AMEX Travel, who I find pretty good and recently saved ~6% vs booking directly on some First class tickets, but I would rather use an individual that I can build a relationship with.
+1. I'd also love to hear from someone who can assist with this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:30 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Moving to Travel Buzz

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.