FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   How many consecutive nights in a different hotel? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/1869613-how-many-consecutive-nights-different-hotel.html)

VivoPerLei Sep 30, 2017 6:13 am

How many consecutive nights in a different hotel?

Currently at my fifth hotel, fifth city in as many nights, which doesn't happen to me too often on business. A lot for me but surely not for most of the board. Curious to hear just how much point to point travel others really do. Makes it difficult when I can't get same day cleaning

belfordrocks Sep 30, 2017 7:38 am

I spent 16 consecutive nights in 16 different hotels while driving in the US from one coast to the other.

sethweinstein Sep 30, 2017 8:52 am

Eleven, when I was a keyboardist on a musical-theatre production. The first night in Wichita and the last in Saginaw, with a lot of one-night-only performances in the freezing Midwest winter.

Seth

VivoPerLei Sep 30, 2017 8:58 am

Originally Posted by sethweinstein (Post 28877228)
Eleven, when I was a keyboardist on a musical-theatre production. The first night in Wichita and the last in Saginaw, with a lot of one-night-only performances in the freezing Midwest winter.

Seth

Turn the Page

jacobguo Sep 30, 2017 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by belfordrocks (Post 28877062)
I spent 16 consecutive nights in 16 different hotels while driving in the US from one coast to the other.

Same but 10 nights.

bitterproffit Sep 30, 2017 3:06 pm

I have done a couple two week circuits around the fabric mills of the NC/SC/VA/GA area and one exhausting one around Texas/Northern Mexico which had 5-6 nights in consecutive different hotels. Its exhausting. You end of being excited for the weekend when you get to spend 2 nights in the same place.

Those are definitely rough trips.

bitterproffit Sep 30, 2017 3:08 pm

Just to add, those are the trips where I had to take a pic of the room number plate outside the hotel room door because I would start to forget what room (and sometimes what city) I am in.

belfordrocks Sep 30, 2017 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by bitterproffit (Post 28878323)
Just to add, those are the trips where I had to take a pic of the room number plate outside the hotel room door because I would start to forget what room (and sometimes what city) I am in.

It's funny, I never have this issue even while hopping from place to place every night... I just seem to have an intuition which is my room which I never forget :D

Annalisa12 Sep 30, 2017 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by belfordrocks (Post 28877062)

I hate moving hotel. 3 nights in a row moving would kill me. 16 nights is unimaginable.

darthbimmer Sep 30, 2017 10:56 pm

Several times now I've stayed at 8 hotels in the course of a 9-night trip. I don't try for 8/9, it just usually works out that there's someplace I stay two nights on such trips.

VivoPerLei Oct 1, 2017 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Annalisa12 (Post 28879174)
I hate moving hotel. 3 nights in a row moving would kill me. 16 nights is unimaginable.

It's exhausting. Woke up early again this morning and off to the airport, thought to myself, this is insane

bitterproffit Oct 1, 2017 6:02 am

I jumped off that life about 12 years ago. My last year in that career had me at a close to 200 nights in hotels. Wake up Monday, get in the car and drive or go to the airport, come back Friday night (if I was lucky) or Saturday. Do unpack, laundry, repack, go back out on Monday.
It killed relationships, played heck on my health, and generally made me an unhappy stressed out individual. So happy that my travel now is only for fun. Every time I think I miss it, I just go on a fun trip and see how stressed everyone is around me.
If it starts to feel like a rat race, then it IS a rat race. Take care.

bitterproffit Oct 1, 2017 6:07 am

Originally Posted by belfordrocks (Post 28878774)
It's funny, I never have this issue even while hopping from place to place every night... I just seem to have an intuition which is my room which I never forget :D

Lucky for you. I can't tell you how many times I would be on the wrong floor trying to put my key card in the wrong room.

Or going out to the parking lot and forgetting which non-descript beige 4 door sedan is my rental car. I used to pop the trunk on the remote just to find it. Or, if the parking lot was too big, hit the panic button to find the rental car.

I remember getting in a rental car and wondering why my key wouldn't fit. It was another similar rental car at the hotel that just happened to have been unlocked. Now that is embarrassing. LOL

timfountain Oct 1, 2017 2:31 pm

Many, many times. I don't even count anymore but I suspect it is somewhere around 16 days/16 hotels. Just last week was 10 days and 8 hotels.

belfordrocks Oct 2, 2017 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Annalisa12 (Post 28879174)

I travel really light, and they key is to not really unpack each time. Then, repacking is easy :D

Edit: I lied, I did spend 2 nights at one hotel enroute. So 15 in 16 nights.