Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Who do I flirt with to get an upgraded seat?

Who do I flirt with to get an upgraded seat?

Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:29 am

Strategy: Board early. Take empty seat in first and flirt with the person sitting next to you. When he/she runs away, take his/her seat.
GadgetFreak likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: SPG, Rapid Rewards, HHonors.
I'm aware that OP is trolling but I'll oblige anyways

Won't help short term but more for the long game. My brother used to only seek out flight attendants for his FWB's so that he could fly for free. Won't get you upgraded but will get you in the door for free.

He's slowed the practice down as he got older (and ended up knocking one up) and while it was grimey it got him results.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by schmoove
I'm aware that OP is trolling but I'll oblige anyways

Won't help short term but more for the long game. My brother used to only seek out flight attendants for his FWB's so that he could fly for free. Won't get you upgraded but will get you in the door for free.

He's slowed the practice down as he got older (and ended up knocking one up) and while it was grimey it got him results.
That seems like a hard way to do it.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: SPG, Rapid Rewards, HHonors.
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
That seems like a hard way to do it.
18 years of child support ended up being the most expensive plane ticket of his life.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by schmoove
18 years of child support ended up being the most expensive plane ticket of his life.
Wow, and I just meant it as a pun!
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA AA MR HH B6
the best people to flirt with for this are sugar daddies and sugar mommies
Old Sep 3, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
There's a great way to get an upgraded seat:

Use miles, cash (when booking) or frequent-flyer status.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 6:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
Only once was I offered a free upgrade without having status. It was on US Airways around 2001, possibly early November. Traffic was down post 9/11. The plane, a 757, had about 3 passengers. All were sort of upgraded. We were told that it was open seating, even first class was allowed.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:34 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Think the act of being nice to a GA, FA or check in agent in units of karma (a bit like bitcoin). One of those is worth 1 Karma. Being sh***y to airline staff is worth -100. If you get to 10,000 then the universe probably owes you a free upgrade. Then, and only then, can you start with the entitled cr@p if you don't get upgraded.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
You'd better hope you're not behind me in the check-in line.
Do you think your $20 will upgrade you to the last first class seat and I'll be out of luck.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYCommuter
There's a great way to get an upgraded seat:

Use miles, cash (when booking) or frequent-flyer status.
Why? You can dress up and then get a first class seat do why fork outbyour own $
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Do you think your $20 will upgrade you to the last first class seat and I'll be out of luck.
I'm such a fabulous flirt I that not only will I get upgraded, but all of the gate agents will quit and fly away with me, completely filling first class.

...and then I will wake up from my dream.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
I'm such a fabulous flirt I that not only will I get upgraded, but all of the gate agents will quit and fly away with me, completely filling first class.

...and then I will wake up from my dream.
I can tell you are so fabulously handsome from your post. You are right. I stand no chance.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:44 pm

Quite a few years ago flirting with me at least moved down the path towards not only upgrades but a free trip. I was traveling a lot then including almost weekly trips to a US city. I would sometimes go into a strip bar when I was there and some of the entertainers knew me pretty well, including my travelings. One time I was there one of the dancers asked me where I had been recently. It was like Asia, and Europe or maybe Australia or something, I don't remember the details. And she said that I must have thousands of frequent flyer miles. I told her it was more like millions and I couldn't spend them fast enough. She offered a solution. Take her and one or two of her fellow dancers to Cabo with me. She said we would have a great time.

I actually thought about it. I knew it would be "wrong" but it was so insane I actually considered it to the point of trying to work out the logistics. In the end I figured discretion was indeed the better part of valor. But the concept of heading to Mexico for a long weekend with two of three strippers half my age was intriguing.
roberino and Gino Troian like this.

Last edited by GadgetFreak; Sep 4, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:17 pm

How much are you willing to tip?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.