FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Trip Advisor Reviews of the Aug 2017 Eclipse (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/1860141-trip-advisor-reviews-aug-2017-eclipse.html)

RRDD Aug 10, 2017 9:48 am

Trip Advisor Reviews of the Aug 2017 Eclipse

I've never paid much attention to Trip Advisor reviews since I read the reviews of the Great Wall of China...not enough bathrooms, didn't open early enough, etc.

I'm guessing there will be many negative reviews of the Aug 2017 eclipse....not enough bathrooms, too cloudy, etc.

Mr. Vker Aug 10, 2017 9:56 am

too dark.

gfunkdave Aug 10, 2017 10:50 am

https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram...32059648_n.jpg

nuff said

(I don't know why FT won't let me paste a link to the actual Instagram post)

Kagehitokiri Aug 10, 2017 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by gfunkdave (Post 28672837)
nuff said

i recall two quotes, one re turning off waterfall at night in alps, one re where animals kept at night in africa

edit - another one, guest asks who did the landscaping in africa, staff/manager replies : God

emma69 Aug 11, 2017 7:54 am

I saw a post on FB regarding the eclipse where a concerned mother asked if it could happen on the weekend before because the kids were going back to school on the 21st...

BearX220 Aug 11, 2017 8:54 am

Originally Posted by emma69 (Post 28676672)
I saw a post on FB regarding the eclipse where a concerned mother asked if it could happen on the weekend before because the kids were going back to school on the 21st...

See post #3 upthread.

CBear Aug 11, 2017 12:47 pm

So I just read a review on a hotel we will be staying at in the near future.

Reviewer is upset because they left their wallets, phones, camera and clothes out of their sight while they were in the hot tub and surprise, surprise, someone stole it. Luckily for them, the hotel was able to track the items down and catch the thief which happened to be a fellow guest.

But somehow it is the hotel's fault that their stuff got stolen.

Just a little bit of common sense.....

milepig Aug 13, 2017 4:25 pm

My view will be obstructed by "xxx likes this" banners.

jrl767 Aug 13, 2017 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by milepig (Post 28685628)
My view will be obstructed by "xxx likes this" banners.

niiiiiice :D ^

Putnik Aug 21, 2017 1:23 am

Originally Posted by CBear (Post 28677868)
So I just read a review on a hotel we will be staying at in the near future.

Reviewer is upset because they left their wallets, phones, camera and clothes out of their sight while they were in the hot tub and surprise, surprise, someone stole it. Luckily for them, the hotel was able to track the items down and catch the thief which happened to be a fellow guest.

But somehow it is the hotel's fault that their stuff got stolen.

Just a little bit of common sense.....

Another review thing from TripAdvisor is when people post photos of sights in the city where the hotel is at, such as Eiffel Tower photos on a hotel page for a hotel that is located in 18th arrondissement

Efrem Aug 21, 2017 10:52 am

"I couldn't find it because it was dark. Something covered up the sun just when it was supposed to happen."

Fredd Aug 21, 2017 11:06 am

Any negative TA reviews of the Eclipse will have plenty of precedent:

Bad reviews of the world’s most amazing places

One of my favorites from this article was a Taj Mahal review:

"A big disappointment. It looked no different than the pictures in the books." :p

MSPeconomist Aug 21, 2017 5:23 pm

One of my favorites is an American couple complaining about a recommended restaurant in Paris because the food was French.

CPRich Aug 21, 2017 9:29 pm

They turned all the streetlights on just as it was getting dark, and the stupid crickets made too much noise.

lmp623 Sep 15, 2017 6:57 am

Eclipse

It was impressive and I am glad I decided to get the glasses and watch