Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What's the worst thing you've ever done/said on a plane?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the worst thing you've ever done/said on a plane?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I understand sitting by the window causes panic. I hate sitting by the window myself. I feel more nervous there. I had a hissy fit at Husband once as he always sits by the window and I finally got to sit there. We got to cruising altitude and I said he could have his precious window seat back and never wanted it again. I like to be able to pretend the floor of the plane is on the ground. I can't do that if people are the size on ants.
Close the shade...problem solved.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by trooper
Had a very poor experience on a QF flight LAX-SYD years ago (started flying with NZ as a result)...it had to do with an exit row aisle seat...and a forced move to a much worse seat....
I feel your pain. Had the same thing happen to me on LH flying FRA-CPT. Was told to move to a middle bulkhead seat with crying babies in bassinets all around me, or, I could not fly at all. My choice
Old Apr 7, 2017, 4:13 am

Damn...I was shifted to a middle bulkhead too.... AND they suggested it was a great seat....but I hate bulkheads....

Actually I was shifted to allow a grossly obese chap to spread out from the middle exit row seat. I look back on that now and think to myself... "If Id only known then what I know now"

Now? I would have said "Youre putting him in the EXIT ROW? Ok... its your aircraft... but I'll be getting off now since you are breaking your own rules about who can sit there... and yes, I'll have my checked bags back please"

Why on earth they didn't just quietly shift him to Business class I will never know....
Old Apr 7, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: US Gold
I think if someone is subject to panic attacks when sitting in the window seat they need to do more to communicate that issue. For example, not let themselves be assigned a window seat in the first place, and if they are and are asking someone to change them, be clearer about why it's important. (And then ask the FA.) I know it's hard to do that sort of thing, but it's an essential skill.

wg
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:06 am

Why on earth they didn't just quietly shift him to Business class I will never know....
Why do that when they can simply inconvenience you instead...either you comply or you're off
Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Dudes English wasn't very good....

Originally Posted by wendyg
I think if someone is subject to panic attacks when sitting in the window seat they need to do more to communicate that issue. For example, not let themselves be assigned a window seat in the first place, and if they are and are asking someone to change them, be clearer about why it's important. (And then ask the FA.) I know it's hard to do that sort of thing, but it's an essential skill.

wg
...I think he was either Phillipino or Indonesian.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:47 pm

Ordered a few beers on JetBlue, FA never came back to charge me and I didn't remind her.

On a full flight I moved someone's bag in the bin to make room for mine. It was in there sideways, I took it out and put in the right way. Some person kept giving me death stares for the whole flight. I assume it was the owner.

On a last minute SEA-ATL red-eye I was stuck in the middle. Having flown in from ANC about 5 hours earlier, I overestimated my abilities at various SEA establishments and sometime on the ATL flight, I passed out on my seatmate's shoulder. She didn't wake me but clearly was not amused when I woke up.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Damn...I was shifted to a middle bulkhead too.... AND they suggested it was a great seat....but I hate bulkheads....

Actually I was shifted to allow a grossly obese chap to spread out from the middle exit row seat. I look back on that now and think to myself... "If Id only known then what I know now"

Now? I would have said "Youre putting him in the EXIT ROW? Ok... its your aircraft... but I'll be getting off now since you are breaking your own rules about who can sit there... and yes, I'll have my checked bags back please"

In J ypu are licky to get an extra 1 to 3 inches. That does nothing for a seriously obese person
Old Apr 9, 2017, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
In J ypu are licky to get an extra 1 to 3 inches. That does nothing for a seriously obese person
plus they're often individual seats, so they'll be crammed in. Better to book 2 seats in economy. NZ do skycouch where you can book the whole block of 3 seats
Old Apr 9, 2017, 4:24 am

I fart a lot when I fly, and usually have my Bose noise-canceling headphones on and can't judge how loud the farts are. Sorry!
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:10 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by Gino Troian
I fart a lot when I fly, and usually have my Bose noise-canceling headphones on and can't judge how loud the farts are. Sorry!
Someday an entrepreneur will invent smell cancelling nose plugs to go with noise cancelling head phones.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:07 pm
Used to be 'Scooter'

Programs: Free Agent
Thankfully the worst I've done is deny a seat-change request. It was late, I was tired, and I was not going to give up my aisle seat for a window on a 12 hour transatlantic flight.

The things that I've held back on saying (and doing) however... :-)
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
You are normal. Fart is the natural way the air pressure inside you balances with the air pressure in the cabin.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
A buddy of mine was standing in line to buy a train ticket while listening to music on his Bose headphones and needed to fart. He would normally have walked out of the way of any collateral damage but didn't want to queue again, and, figuring that there was a lot of noise and no one would hear him he let rip. EVERYONE turned to look at him like the animal he is, and he then realised that the "noise" was all inside his headphones and that the ticket office was actually fairly quiet all along.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Wow, some of you have great stories. I think the worst thing I ever did on a plane was pay $5 once for one of UA's inflight wines.
That's funny.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.