Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Place to find Great Travel Deals from Wash DC to Anywhere Jan 14-22

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2017, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Best Place to find Great Travel Deals from Wash DC to Anywhere Jan 14-22

I'm in a great position. I have a week to take a trip between Jan 14-22. I don't have a preference on where to travel. Just somewhere international where I can get a great deal. I prefer somewhere warmer but am open to somewhere colder that has good sites/activities and is a great deal.

What sites would you suggest trying?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 6:48 pm

Since you're pretty flexible I would start off with kayak.com/explore, just to get an idea of how much it would cost to head to the carribbean or wherever else might interest you. I'm also not sure what your budget is, but if you're trying to be budget-conscious, there are plenty of options to fly to Florida from the DC airports.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Thailand, Australia, Argentina, Chile.

Only a week out? Good deals might be a challenge.

Aruba, Cancun, St. John, Barbados, Costa Rica

Last edited by CPRich; Jan 6, 2017 at 8:46 pm
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by EQDsSUCK
I'm in a great position. I have a week to take a trip between Jan 14-22. I don't have a preference on where to travel. Just somewhere international where I can get a great deal. I prefer somewhere warmer but am open to somewhere colder that has good sites/activities and is a great deal.

What sites would you suggest trying?
Since you're looking for advice I'm thinking you might be new so, just to make sure, do you have a passport already? If not, too late.

Last minute deals on good international sites aren't easy. If you were going in Feb you could probably get better deals.

I normally recommend Thailand or other SE Asia sites to travel. But with only a week you'd lose several days just travelling. Have you considered Morocco? Great place to visit. You can fly to Spain and take the ferry across.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA, DAL, blah, blah, blah...The usual.
Google.com/flights
So easy, a caveman can do it. (ie, me!)

I've spent many hours just playing around with the site and fantasizing about far-flung travel.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Google.com/flights is your friend. Couple of fun ones:

DCA - HKG on UA for $998
DCA - SIN on DL / UA for $876 - $899
IAD - SCL on LATAM for $863
DCA/IAD - EZE on UA/LATAM/DL for $997
WAS - LIM on UA/DL/LATAM for $620 or $1600 in J (DL)

Or if you are willing to consider Mexico I'm seeing Cancun for $300, Puerto Vallarta for $314, Cabo for $350

Hawaii is $860 etc. etc. you get my point. Google Flights is an amazing resource just put in WAS and leave destination blank, play with dates, click on the map or enter random airports (up to 5 at a time)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.