Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Do you book (many) of your leisure trips in advance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you book (many) of your leisure trips in advance?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2016, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Originally Posted by 9Benua
With school age kids, I have to book my vacation around school holidays.
NOT so funny....
Here in Thailand the school can not tell me when the school holidays begin and end. They mostly inform you one week in advance.

March and April are the hotter months (usually 35C+) and schools are closed.
I did not write down last year dates unfortunately and booked flights and hotel as of March 27.

Now my wife asks me "are you sure school is closed March+April? Is it not April+May?"

I still think it will be March and April, if not we will do with 27th of March anyway....
Old Nov 26, 2016, 2:04 am

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by Low Roller
I usually book 2-3 months in advance since I like having something to look forward to.
That's me. I'll even book our annual trip to Hawaii 10 months ahead.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
We book when the flights are released. That's about a year ahead.
For my big 1-1.5 week long trips this is what I do as well, especially if I'm looking for F/J reward tickets that will be in short supply.

Domestic stuff I'll usually book as soon as I know the dates, like I booked my flights for Christmas in June or July because I knew where I'd be going and the dates. Also allowed me to get domestic F for ~$300 vs Y for $200 by sorting things out early.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Depends if we're using points. We have two kids - So if we want to use Air Canada Aeroplan miles for four tickets to a destination during holiday time we usually need to book 10 or 11 months out. Any later than that and there's little availability via reasonable routings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.