Reload this Page >

Complimentary Upgrade Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Upgrade Stories

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond. Skyteam Elite Plus. Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
My 2016 upgrade % thru 6 December is 85.2 over 99 flights.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:43 pm

Programs: Delta, Alaska Air, & BA
Originally Posted by Badenoch
Weather delay at TPA. Very angry couple ahead cursing out the gate agent if they didn't get on the next flight . When it was my turn I said she didn't deserve that kind of treatment and if they complained about her I'd be happy to speak to her managers in her defense.

I was bumped to business class for the flight to Detroit. The angry couple didn't make the flight.
We were on the first flights from STT after 09/11. Landed in ATL and there were 300+ people trying to get on the only flight to SAV. Person ahead of me used the N word several times and of course DYKWIA, I asked for her supervisors email address. I asked to be on the earliest plane leaving the next day. She thanked me for my kindness and said I was first person who was nice to her. Well she handed me F boarding passes for the flight that was leaving in 30 minut s!😊😊 I did email her supervisor as promised.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 12:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
Our company flew two employees out to Bangkok with Emirates. On the 2nd leg going to Bangkok they both received a free upgrade to business class, and this was their first flight with Emirates and they hold no status or membership with any airlines at all.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 11:41 pm

Programs: MP
Originally Posted by Sohan
Our company flew two employees out to Bangkok with Emirates. On the 2nd leg going to Bangkok they both received a free upgrade to business class, and this was their first flight with Emirates and they hold no status or membership with any airlines at all.
Me and my sister both got complimentary upgrade on Emirates from BKK a while back. We were super excited about this super british FA who wears a special red leather gloves just for boarding.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 4:33 am

Post removed..

Last edited by Nuff Said; Dec 28, 2016 at 4:42 am
Old Dec 28, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, DL, KE Skypass
Because I was flying to Tokyo on my birthday night, I was upgraded to first class on KE. The purser even came up to me and wished me a happy birthday! Too bad it was only a 2.5 hour flight...
Old Dec 29, 2016, 3:50 pm

Programs: MP
Originally Posted by mjchick
Because I was flying to Tokyo on my birthday night, I was upgraded to first class on KE. The purser even came up to me and wished me a happy birthday! Too bad it was only a 2.5 hour flight...
That's pretty neat, until I read about the 2.5 hours part...
Old Dec 29, 2016, 5:45 pm

I was a teenager and traveling LHR-DXB on EK in Y; it was my first time flying with them.

As I boarded, I was impressed with how nice the seats were, as well as the food. I distinctly remember being offered ice cream bars multiple times as well, and I remember telling people hat Emirates was my new favorite airline.

The next year, I flew on EK Y and was surprised by how cramped it was. It was only then did I realize I had been upgraded to J the last time I flew!
Old Dec 30, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond. Skyteam Elite Plus. Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
For business related trips 2016 was a good year for me for upgrades. I upgraded to first 80 out of 93 flights. 86%.

Hopefully 2017 will be the same or better.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 8:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, DL, KE Skypass
Originally Posted by pon18n
That's pretty neat, until I read about the 2.5 hours part...
HA! Don't I know it!
Old Dec 30, 2016, 11:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by Tennis69
For business related trips 2016 was a good year for me for upgrades. I upgraded to first 80 out of 93 flights. 86%.

Hopefully 2017 will be the same or better.
We are talking about complimentary upgrades, not standard upgrades based on status, coupons or pay.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 10:13 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
The first one is always the best. Flying MEM-AMS in Y. Received $800 VDB comp and an upgrade to J. Having never flown *any* carrier in business class, I thought I was living the dream.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 10:33 pm

Programs: NZ, EK, QF, SQ.
My best (and only) complimentary upgrade was with Emirates, flying AKL-SYD.
I had booked the flight using Emirates points, so it only cost me the taxes.

ON check-in at AKL, I was told that my seat had been reassigned.
I got a free upgrade from Economy to Business, on an almost-free flight.

I don't suppose I'll ever beat that.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: *Gold
MUC-MAD. BP beeped and GA told me "Herr unityofsaints, ich habe etwas Feines für Sie in der Business" (Mr. unityofsaints, I've got a treat for you in C) and hands me my new BP

Eurobusiness is nothing special at all as you hardly get any food and the seats are the same but that classy line has stuck with me for 5+ years.

Last edited by unityofsaints; Jan 2, 2017 at 6:44 am
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:09 pm

First and only.

Early '90s my business in STL ended early and I went to the airport to see if I could get an earlier flight to EWR. I started chatting up the very cute GA and she said sure, and I would get into Newark at 6:30. I replied "Great, I'll get home in time to watch Melrose (Place)". A brief plot conversation, she smiled, tap tap tap on the keyboard, and I went from the back of the plane to the front.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.