Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Water in the World?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by weero
How many months a year? I mean without ice breaking equipment.
Originally Posted by moondog
Do wild animals refrain from defacating in your pristine lakes?
Haha.
My post was more with a wink in eye...
Well in many towns though, the tap water is purified from local river which is usually muddy dirty from agriculture then that it tastes very bad...luxury problems...
Old Jul 20, 2016, 6:35 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, Shangri-La(h) Jade
I haven't tried every water in the world but most of the water I drink is Singapore's public water, some of which is NEWater so I'd go with.... Singapore's collective sewage. *

* (purified using dual-membrane (via microfiltration and reverse osmosis) and ultraviolet technologies, in addition to conventional water treatment processes.) - Wikipedia
Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by FFlash
Haha.
My post was more with a wink in eye...
Well in many towns though, the tap water is purified from local river which is usually muddy dirty from agriculture then that it tastes very bad...luxury problems...
I have tried Finish lake water, it is indeed very respectable.
Originally Posted by SIA747Megatop
I haven't tried every water in the world but most of the water I drink is Singapore's public water, some of which is NEWater so I'd go with.... Singapore's collective sewage...
You probably get up early when the Newater percentage is very low ... past 10:30am where I live, the water experiences a steep rise in temperature, gets a slight tint, and often a taste .... I may shower in it but would not ingest it anymore.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:00 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I was just at the W Hotel in Amsterdam. Next to the tap they have a little sticky on the counter top that says "The best water in Europe". I meant to take a picture for this thread.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Ganges-water
Old Jul 23, 2016, 2:37 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
We all know if it aint scottish it's cr...
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Best tap water I have had is in Iceland.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: none
For all you natural water snobs, remember,

"Never drink DOWNSTREAM from the herd."
Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tchiowa
When I visit Utah I often go up into the mountains east of the city. Drinking fresh stream water coming off a snow melt. Best tasting water on the planet.
Yup, I did that in the San Gabriel Mountains in California this spring.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Tchiowa
When I visit Utah I often go up into the mountains east of the city. Drinking fresh stream water coming off a snow melt. Best tasting water on the planet.
The fill-your-own bottle taps at Zion National Park in the southern part of the state also had some really awesome water. Course it probably didn't hurt that it was 102F in the shade when we were walking there.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse
The fill-your-own bottle taps at Zion National Park in the southern part of the state also had some really awesome water. Course it probably didn't hurt that it was 102F in the shade when we were walking there.

On my first hike through the narrows at Zion, I was warned by a Park Ranger to be careful and not drink any of the water from the stream, lest I come down with what he called the Zion Zips. Advice taken.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by HomerJay
On my first hike through the narrows at Zion, I was warned by a Park Ranger to be careful and not drink any of the water from the stream, lest I come down with what he called the Zion Zips. Advice taken.
We just stuck with the spigots at the lodge, museum, visitor's center and the like and it tasted glorious from those sources.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:03 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Here's a selection of mineral water we love, trust, recommend and enjoy including:

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^

Last edited by uggboy; Aug 25, 2017 at 8:17 pm Reason: Clarity and added some details which might be of interest
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Hadn't seen this thread before.

To this day the best water I've ever had was at age 10 on a glacier in Alaska. We went on a cruise and did one of the helicopter glacier rides as an excursion one stop and there was a stream running into a deep crevice. We walked a bit away from the crevice and laid down on the snow and drank directly from the stream - as pure as can be.
uggboy likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:26 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by Duke787
Hadn't seen this thread before.

To this day the best water I've ever had was at age 10 on a glacier in Alaska. We went on a cruise and did one of the helicopter glacier rides as an excursion one stop and there was a stream running into a deep crevice. We walked a bit away from the crevice and laid down on the snow and drank directly from the stream - as pure as can be.
These memories wouldn't be possible without exploration and travel.

Thanks Duke787 for sharing.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.