Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

The strange psychology of other pax: All other seats are empty, why sit next to me?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The strange psychology of other pax: All other seats are empty, why sit next to me?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
A bit off topic, but I once had someone sit right next to me in an empty movie theater. We were literally the only 2 people there. It creeped me out, so I went to the washroom and returned to a different seat. Unfortunately, that's not usually an option on a plane! I guess some people prefer human interaction, but I'm not one of them!
Old Jul 26, 2016, 8:00 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I just don't get people. I flew a short West Coast hop on AS a few days ago, Saturday night, very light load. Seatmap didn't show anyone else in F, even after the 75K/MVPG upgrade window, and by the time we board, there are four people in F. One of them next to me. I got up twice and every time, he was visibly annoyed. Why in the world did you choose that seat, and why, seeing that the F cabin is wide open (12 seats available), did you stay next to me?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.