Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Score best room with Group Travel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Score best room with Group Travel

Going to Quito Ecuador with a Tour Group. We are going a day earlier than most, I believe.

The Tour has pretty much taken over all of the rooms in this moderate size hotel.

Since we may be one of the first guests to check in (although after midnight) is there a way to get one of the better rooms? There are 3 classes of rooms.

Thanks
Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You'd be better off calling the hotel and telling them that you'd like one of the better rooms and that you'll be checking in early. Not sure we can help you much more.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Thank you. Any guess as to how far in advance I should call? Week before or earlier?
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Anywhere between a week to a few days before should be fine.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is it a chain hotel? Do you have status or at least a frequent guest account number?
Old Apr 19, 2016, 1:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Do tour groups let you do your own check in? I thought the tour operator would do a group check in and then distribute the keys to the guests separately?
Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by service1010
Going to Quito Ecuador with a Tour Group. We are going a day earlier than most, I believe.

The Tour has pretty much taken over all of the rooms in this moderate size hotel.

Since we may be one of the first guests to check in (although after midnight) is there a way to get one of the better rooms? There are 3 classes of rooms.

Thanks
Whenever I have been involved with group bookings, the tour operator has provided a rooming list, and the types of rooms are assigned to the guests and the hotel has little / no input.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.