Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hardest airline seats

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Hardest airline seats

Having flown a number of segments in TK over the past week (both in economy and business) I noticed that at the end of a number of those flights I simply couldn't get comfortable in the seat in a way that doesn't happen to me on other airlines. Flown a number of long UA segments recently, no problem. Long LH segments, no problem. But on those TK segments there was something about those seats that left me in pain after a number of hours.

Anyone else notice a variability from airline to airline in this regard?
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Okay, well, never mind - it would appear that half a page down there is a thread that mentions that TK uses a particular type of seat in common with a few other airlines. Guess I need to avoid those airlines or that seat.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've noticed that on intraEU flights with the same or similar aircraft types, KLM seatts seem harder and much less comfortable than seats on AF flights.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:12 am
Suspended

I flew a lot of Norwegian in December. Their seats were utterly horrible through and through different aircraft types but the worst was on the 787 in Y. It was those hard and thin ones with the pleather.

In some ways, I feel a bit like I luck out when I get an older aircraft. A few weeks back I found myself on an old MD Super 80, and it had the old, soft, wider cloth seats. Very nice.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 2:40 pm
Suspended

The new Recaro interior seats tend to have less padding. It's one of the things that let them get an extra row in coach on some airlines.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 1:02 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Bring your own?

I started to bring a cushion like this on my flights after experiencing pain from the hardness of the seats. It has made my long haul flights comfortable.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 16, 2016, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ou81two
The new Recaro interior seats tend to have less padding. It's one of the things that let them get an extra row in coach on some airlines.
Good thing to know. Google tells me that EasyJet has placed a big order...go figure.

Originally Posted by teddybear99
I started to bring a cushion like this on my flights after experiencing pain from the hardness of the seats. It has made my long haul flights comfortable.
+1
Old Apr 16, 2016, 8:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Ryanair seats are the worst. My back was killing me for a week after a 2 hour flight.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 8:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by IslesFan
Ryanair seats are the worst. My back was killing me for a week after a 2 hour flight.
They'll sell you a couple of aspirin on board for only £10.

Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
They'll sell you a couple of aspirin on board for only £10.

Don't forget the scratch offs!
Old Apr 16, 2016, 11:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
Having flown a number of segments in TK over the past week (both in economy and business) I noticed that at the end of a number of those flights I simply couldn't get comfortable in the seat in a way that doesn't happen to me on other airlines. Flown a number of long UA segments recently, no problem. Long LH segments, no problem. But on those TK segments there was something about those seats that left me in pain after a number of hours.

Anyone else notice a variability from airline to airline in this regard?
I experienced with value air in singapore which airline seat is really hard and there was smoke while took off

Maybe that is typical of low cost airline?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 6:40 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
exit row seats tend to be harder, especially on bombardier and airbus narrow bodies.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Recaro seats really vary - it's possible to get different types of padding. Those on UA with blue covers are good, grey padding are decent (but not as good as blue), those on LX are terrible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.