Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Signs that you're traveling too much....

Signs that you're traveling too much....

Old Sep 10, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: QF
When you wake up in a different city every single day for 2 consecutive weeks and have to work out where you are every morning.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Putnik
When you're a car guy and you get to the LAX National Executive Emerald Club and none of the cars excite you, even though they have V8 Camaros, Challengers etc, because you've driven them all
Ha - I've run into that. I would get excited when they started rolling out the new years for at least some occasional change but otherwise it was (with a depressed sigh) "I guess I'll take a Camero again."
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Exterous
Ha - I've run into that. I would get excited when they started rolling out the new years for at least some occasional change but otherwise it was (with a depressed sigh) "I guess I'll take a Camero again."
That's exactly what I said and did at BWI yesterday.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by CitizenWorld
When you wake up in a different city every single day for 2 consecutive weeks and have to work out where you are every morning.
That can be really hard....
CitizenWorld likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
You live in city "A", are traveling between cities "B" and "C", but find a copy of a newspaper from exotic city "D" on the airplane. You bring the newspaper home, because you think the kids might like to take it to school to show their friends. Your wife then remarks that one kid is in grad school and the other has been overseas in the military for two years.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
even when he was in middle school and high school my son would have probably rolled his eyes and said "What's a newspaper?" despite the fact that one showed up on our doorstep every day
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:46 am

I use a bullet journal (basically, I draw up my own paper diary format) and have had to introduce a column specifically for "where is SBM today?"
CitizenWorld likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
This. I've not even been to the US in months and thought I was there this morning. Brain.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:20 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
When you go from one country to another and start speaking to the taxi driver in the language of the previous country you've been in.

Have had some funny looks from Egyptian taxi drivers when I've been trying to tell them where to go in Cantonese .

S
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:59 am
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
I chatted with three people on my flight Monday who I knew from previous trips.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
When you start to recognize flight attendants from previous trips. When the hotel receptionist sees you and recognizes who you are.

When you have no idea about touristy things to do in your own city because all you ever do is go to work, go home, or go to the airport.

When you go to a big city and never even do any touristy stuff there.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
When you start to recognize flight attendants from previous trips.
when FAs greet you by name as you're standing in line to board ... but they're not even the FAs working your flight
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:44 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
When you start to recognize flight attendants from previous trips.
When I was flying SFO-ICN frequently I recognized several of the regular FAs on the route. One I chatted about it with she said she remembered me, too. Except she was wrong. She mistook me for someone else. And I knew who it was from talking to him on my previous trip.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:41 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
Spare Change?

One of my young grand-children once asked me for 50 cents. I said that I usually throw my spare change in my backpack that I use for flying; so that I don't set off the metal detectors. I told him he could have all the change he found in my backpack.

He found $8.50 worth. He now goes straight to my backpack every time he comes over.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:34 pm
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by RRDD
One of my young grand-children once asked me for 50 cents. I said that I usually throw my spare change in my backpack that I use for flying; so that I don't set off the metal detectors. I told him he could have all the change he found in my backpack.

He found $8.50 worth. He now goes straight to my backpack every time he comes over.
My backpack got secondary screening a couple flights in a row and the second TSA guy asked me if I had a lot of change in there. Some, I said.

It was about $5 worth, PLUS about 5 euros worth. And I haven't been to Europe since 2013. The backpack doesn't set off the TSA agent anymore.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.