Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Signs that you're traveling too much....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Signs that you're traveling too much....

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:04 pm

when your brain autocorrects TBT to TBIT... though that's both too much travel and instagram
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:56 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
A few additional thoughts to add to the good list that others have already prepared:

- You have a favourite seat or seats on each variant of each aircraft on each of your regular airlines

- You can somehow manage to squeeze in five days' worth of business clothes, your gym attire, a coat and scarf into a carry-on bag

- You get irritated when people in front of you in the security queue aren't already fully prepared by the time they reach the x-ray machine and/or when they take more than a few seconds to deal with their coats, jackets, shoes, belt, laptops and liquids / aerosols / gels

- As you look at the menu, you realise it's exactly the same as when you last flew the same route

- As you switch on the IFE, you realise that nothing new has been added since the last time you flew

- As you wait for the airbridge to attach after an overnight / long-haul flight, it's you who needs to tell the cabin crew that "...it's usually L2 at this airport..."
Old Apr 15, 2016, 11:57 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Server
2. Wake up in the middle of the night wondering if I'm still in Zürich, Amsterdam, or none of the above.
I'm envious. I've woken up in the middle of the night wondering if I'm in Detroit or Minneapolis.

3. Realize you have another trip in a couple days, but you still haven't unpacked from your previous one.
Keeping my bag effectively half packed between trips is part of my strategy for being able to prepare quickly and not forget things.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 1:46 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Keeping my bag effectively half packed between trips is part of my strategy for being able to prepare quickly and not forget things.
I travel once every 4th week, so when I come back from a trip, I figure, why bother when I'll just be packed again real soon, and I live alone and I'm rarely home when I'm awake, so I'd rather not waste money on a dresser when I have a perfectly fine suitcase that can do the same function!
Old Apr 16, 2016, 4:03 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
You impress the person sitting next to you when take only 2 minutes to do the crossword puzzle in the airline magazine. Little do they realize that you've done the same puzzle four times that month.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: BA GCH
You know you fly too much when....

I'll start it off

You know you fly too much when... .

... you start recognising the same cabin dents on the same 777's; then look up the registration number & realise you flew the same aircraft 3 weeks prior on a different continent. [With the same seats with broken IFE screens ;0 ]
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Ha, yes. I noticed the same 767 had the same warped armrest in two journeys a year apart.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
When you know a CSD so well they remember it's your husbands birthday, even though you yourself have forgotten...
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, CR
1. Before the auto passport machines at T5, if the official asked me where I'd just come from, I'd have to pause for a few seconds before answering....

2. When the CSD gives you a kiss on the cheek and delivers your gin and tonic without a word being exchanged.

3. When a pilot tells you he feels sorry for your travel schedule.

Etc
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: SW, AA, DL, Marriott, Hilton, Langham
When the cabin crew asks how your dental appointment went (and you're flying to and from Brazil for these appointments)
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:14 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
.... when the lamination on your passport picture page starts peeling away at the corners from being swiped so so so many times 🤓😞
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Similar to the above:

You pause for a few moments to remember where you are flying to when asked by the check in agent. Or say a different destination altogether.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:30 am

You have a surreal conversation in a pub with a colleague, trying to remember where you last met... "Errr Phoenix?", "No - wasn't it Paris?","Couldn't have been... Singapore?" etc.

We stopped when we realised we were getting strange looks from people nearby. Never did figure it out.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
You're sitting in the Piano Bar in Abu Dhabi after a few whiskies and can't remember if you are flying east or west.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by roarss
I'll start it off

You know you fly too much when... .

... you start recognising the same cabin dents on the same 777's; then look up the registration number & realise you flew the same aircraft 3 weeks prior on a different continent. [With the same seats with broken IFE screens ;0 ]
You know you fly too much when security recognizes you and says "You again!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.