Search

December honeymoon suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2016, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Hi all

Usually post on the BAEC board but I'm posting here because I'm stumped on where we should go for our honeymoon. Hope this is the right board!

We're getting married in Ireland on the last weekend in November and we are planning for a 2.5 week honeymoon. Realistically, given the time of year, it's likely to be a long haul trip. We like beaches, but not too much - certainly not for the entire trip. This rules out the usual suspects such as Mauritius or the Maldives. We've been to Australia (Sydney + Melbourne + Queensland) and NZ (Auckland + south island) in the last two years and had a fantastic time in each - so much so that we would definitely consider going back. My fiancee has no interest in going to South Africa, which would be an obvious choice. A week on a pacific island plus a week elsewhere would be great but it's the start of the rainy season there!

If it helps, we have 400k avios, a BA companion voucher and a BA upgrade for two voucher.

Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated.

Mark

Last edited by markm1980; Mar 20, 2016 at 8:46 am
Old Mar 20, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Why not Bali or Thailand - decent beaches and plenty to see and do.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 10:04 am

I second Bali. I also added on a few days in Hong Kong.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
My cousin just returned from an amazing trip to Vietnam and Cambodia. I'd recommend those destinations judging from his photo essays.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 10:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Paris!
Old Mar 20, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: United 100K, Etihad Gold, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Gold
We did our December honeymoon in Chile and Argentina and Peru. It was great.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 10:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
How about Morocco? Easy to get to from the UK, lots to see, and I hear some nice beaches such as Essaouira.

Have you been to Mexico? I love Puerto Vallarta, and the Dec. 1-12 is the Festival of Guadalupe, with lots of parades and street fairs. The beaches are nice, and the town is a lot of fun. You could combine this with a visit to other parts of Mexico like Mexico City for culture or another beach area like Cancun with it's access to Mayan ruins.

Don't overlook Hawaii. With its many islands, there is a lot to see and do, and you could easily sample three islands in your time allotted.

Last edited by Doc Savage; Mar 20, 2016 at 10:46 am
Old Mar 20, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Victoria falls/Kruger & Madagascar.

Last edited by Yoshi212; Mar 20, 2016 at 1:55 pm
Old Mar 20, 2016, 12:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Bali and Singapore and/or Hong Kong.

South Africa sounds good too, but two and a half weeks might be too long.

OTOH, for this length of time, I'd use the opportunity to go farther than Europe and north Africa.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus
Hawaii. A mix of Oahu or Maui with the Big Island should keep you busy!
Old Mar 20, 2016, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nasa808
I second Bali. I also added on a few days in Hong Kong.
+1

Beaches + City. A S.E Asia mini tour. My wife and I have done this twice, the first time was out Honeymoon, it's great to get some city energy as well as R&R at the beach.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 6:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Madone59
+1

Beaches + City. A S.E Asia mini tour. My wife and I have done this twice, the first time was out Honeymoon, it's great to get some city energy as well as R&R at the beach.
For two and a half weeks, I'd probably want to add a third place. Singapore would be convenient. Bangkok would work too, but I don't think of it as a honeymoon place.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 7:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold

I recently sent friends on their honeymoon on the Paul Gauguin cruise with a few days in Bora Bora for beach time with rest on cruise adventure and luxury. But December would be rainy season.

So alternative suggestion is Rottnest Island in Western Australia for a bit of beach/boat time and then Tasmania
Old Mar 21, 2016, 6:11 am

Programs: UA *G MM, AA G MM

I second Steveo. South America in December (summer) seems perfect.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 6:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by markm1980
Hi all

Usually post on the BAEC board but I'm posting here because I'm stumped on where we should go for our honeymoon. Hope this is the right board!

We're getting married in Ireland on the last weekend in November and we are planning for a 2.5 week honeymoon. Realistically, given the time of year, it's likely to be a long haul trip. We like beaches, but not too much - certainly not for the entire trip. This rules out the usual suspects such as Mauritius or the Maldives. We've been to Australia (Sydney + Melbourne + Queensland) and NZ (Auckland + south island) in the last two years and had a fantastic time in each - so much so that we would definitely consider going back. My fiancee has no interest in going to South Africa, which would be an obvious choice. A week on a pacific island plus a week elsewhere would be great but it's the start of the rainy season there!

If it helps, we have 400k avios, a BA companion voucher and a BA upgrade for two voucher.

Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated.

Mark
you can try st regis bora bora or intercontinental thallaso

best regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.