Dichotomy in contracted airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Dis, IHG Gold.

So I was trawling through my state's travel offices policies (yeah, I read govt procurement bids for fun. Don't judge), and I noticed a odd mix of contracted airlines; porter, AA/US, JetBlue, southwest, and.... Emirates. Why Emirates, I have no idea, since the middle East isn't somewhere you'd imagine a state employee visiting.
Has anyone else noticed a weird mix of preferred or contracted carriers?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:09 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by JShLin
So I was trawling through my state's travel offices policies (yeah, I read govt procurement bids for fun. Don't judge), and I noticed a odd mix of contracted airlines; porter, AA/US, JetBlue, southwest, and.... Emirates. Why Emirates, I have no idea, since the middle East isn't somewhere you'd imagine a state employee visiting.
Has anyone else noticed a weird mix of preferred or contracted carriers?
is your state Georgia? I believe since Delta cancelled ATL-DXB direct govt business is now switched to JetBlue which offers ATL-DXB via Emirates codeshare. Something along those lines, I'm not from the US so didn't pay full attention to the details.

Pretty sure it depends on the state's regular routes and preferred airlines for those routes.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 3:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I'm sure there's a good reason, but a 'dichotomy' this is not.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Yup, its as Skywardhunter pointed out. Because Jet Blue won the most recent federal contract to Dubai and they codeshare to Emirates. Rather silly to award a contract to an airline not flying to a long haul destination themselves but it somehow happened.

Sounds like your state is following the federal contract.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
OP, please look up the word "dichotomy" in a dictionary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.