Reload this Page >

Do you "dress up" to fly premium cabin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you "dress up" to fly premium cabin?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:06 pm

Yes I do dress a ittle better if I'm in J or F. Not sure if it helps but I seem to get a slight modicum more respect from the ground personnel if I have to interact with them.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
I wear jeans like 99% of the time. I know for sure I didn't wear jeans once so far in 2018, MIA-GCM...I wore shorts.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I wear jeans like 99% of the time. I know for sure I didn't wear jeans once so far in 2018, MIA-GCM...I wore shorts.
Do you think there was any effect on the service you were given? What cabin do you usually travel in?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:21 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
.....But sporting a Rolex no doubt !
Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I pay to sit in F or J instead of sitting with 300 other people in economy.
yeah thats awesome, and so do 50 other people on the same flight.
How do you "pay to get better service" than those 50 people?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:41 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kb9522

People are surprised when they find out how affordable a Rolex can be. The SS sports models are dirt cheap and Rolex is able to mass produce them, so there are a LOT in the wild. I suspect most people (myself included) wear them when traveling due to the fact a) they're tough as nails and yet still fairly versatile and b) if it gets lost or stolen, it's easily replaced.

Yes, in the watch world Rolexs are like the Mercedes and BMW's of the car world. Theres just so many of them that they're not that exclusive or special. The real watches are APs, Hublots, and to a higher extent Pateks, Richard Mille, and the like.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by S.R
Yes, in the watch world Rolexs are like the Mercedes and BMW's of the car world. Theres just so many of them that they're not that exclusive or special. The real watches are APs, Hublots, and to a higher extent Pateks, Richard Mille, and the like.
You forgot Jaeger, VC and most importantly Lange.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: Delta GM; FB Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC; National EE
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
I generally haven't noticed any better treatment given to me than to my more casually attired brethren seated around me. Generally, politeness - including acknowledging and maintaining eye contact with airline personnel during service interactions goes a long way toward more pleasant interactions and overall service both on the ground and in the air.
Agree.. I'm usually just in jeans and one of those thin hoodies on a plane, regardless of cabin. Two months ago, myself and my better half found ourselves going from a funeral directly onto a AMS-JFK flight in 1A and B, so we were still dressed up from the funeral service when we boarded. Other than friendly and heartwarming condolences from the cabin crew, no difference in service (of course not). And I changed into my favorite hoodie halfway into the flight to get some rest in my excellent KLM lie-flat seat..
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
If I fly F across the Atlantic I get dressed in the provided PJs.

How I dress depends on so many factors (how long the flight is / climate on both ends of the journey /......) but there is a certain minimum dress code I adhere to regardless of cabin.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Originally Posted by HMPS
Can you tell if it was bought in Hong Kong, Vietnam , Thailand etc from 6- 20 ft away ??
Not yet, but I am working on an app that can determine if the person sitting in J and wearing the fake Rolex you spoke of either paid for the seat, or simply cut off 1,000 box tops from Count Chocula cereal to get their seat assignment.

Last edited by KDS777; Feb 11, 2018 at 11:43 am
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Always always in jeans. The destination is irrelevant.

I am not flying to impress anyone. I need comfort and I am always comfortable in jeans.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by KDS777
Not yet, but I am working on an app that can determine if the person sitting in J and wearing the fake Rolex you spoke of either paid for the seat, or simply cut off 1,000 box tops from Count Chocula cereal to get their seat assignment.
I would say the box cutter is the smarter buy !
Old Feb 11, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
I don't dress up for a premium cabin. Khakis and a button-down shirt if it's on a weekend, business attire if it's during the workweek, no matter what I'm doing or what class I'm flying. So many of my trips are coach on one segment and first on another anyway.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by NYCommuter
I don't dress up for a premium cabin. Khakis and a button-down shirt if it's on a weekend, business attire if it's during the workweek, no matter what I'm doing or what class I'm flying. So many of my trips are coach on one segment and first on another anyway.
But that IS dressing up!?
muji and jinglish like this.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by zitsky
But that IS dressing up!?
I read the question as being, "do you dress better to fly in a premium cabin" and my answer is, "no, I wear what I always wear that day, regardless of class of travel (and regardless of flying, anyhow)."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.