Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Sir, here is your Muslim Meal.

Sir, here is your Muslim Meal.

Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by ukyank
I personally don't like chit-chatting with other passengers on a plane, but if they insist on talking to me I'm not rude & try to be pleasant (even if internally I'm thinking 'please shut up') while conversing & at the opportunity (a meal arrival sounds like a good break) to have the conversation end, i do nothing that would infer i want it to start back up again. I guess this series of events could be interpreted as rude & a result of the meal ordered but in reality i never wanted to talk to you & was just humoring you until i was able to escape the situation.

Maybe it all just makes me a bad person, but has nothing to do with race, creed, etc, just my own personal anti-social personality,
I talk for a living. I don't want to do that when I'm on an airplane. Every time I fly out, apparently someone from the town recognizes me on the plane and I have no idea they're even there. I put on my headphones and immediately zone out. So you're less of an anti-social traveler than me!
Old Sep 24, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by HMPS
To me Jains are vegetarians who are not allowed to eat root veggies such as potatoes , garlic, onions, radish etc. Reason is while uprooting these roots you are disturbing the abode of many living creatures / insects.......
You will see Jain sadhus and sadhwis ( holy men and women) wearing cloth masks at all times since while speaking you are warming up the air and killing microorganisms.
Does that mean hydrophonic root vegs are ok?

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/grow-hy...ops-37413.html
Old Sep 24, 2015, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by pWei
Does that mean hydrophonic root vegs are ok?

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/grow-hy...ops-37413.html
Pluck the carrot and the green stuff on top of it dies? If so, then hydroponic root veggies may still be off limits. Applied test is something like that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.