Community
Wiki Posts
Search

jetblue/emirates int'l travel PAID check-in bag policy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

jetblue/emirates int'l travel PAID check-in bag policy

Hi, I booked phx-jfk-dbx-blr flight on emirates.com . phx-jfk is jetblue and the rest is emirates. the ticket clearly mentions 2 check in bags are free.

my question is regarding 3rd check in bag. since it's a single ticket, is it enough if i pay just for the 3rd check in bag to jetblue or should i pay again to emirates?

also, let's say jetblue charges $100 for the checked bag. this is assuming domestic travel since they do not have have international flights. will jetblue still charge me $100 or will it charge me more than that since mine is an int'l flight?

i contacted both emirates and jetblue customer service and they are not giving me a clear response. i do not want to end up paying more than $100 for the 3rd bag, so trying to get it cleared to start packing
Old Jun 29, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
If all the flights are booked in one ticket, and you're connecting on the same day. The baggage rules of the operator with the longest international sector apply. In this case Emirates. You won't have to pay the fee twice, as they have an interline agreement.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyldavid
If all the flights are booked in one ticket, and you're connecting on the same day. The baggage rules of the operator with the longest international sector apply. In this case Emirates. You won't have to pay the fee twice, as they have an interline agreement.
so that means jetblue will charge me whatever emirates charges for the 3rd check in bag for it's international flight. correct?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 4:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by randomFTneo
so that means jetblue will charge me whatever emirates charges for the 3rd check in bag for it's international flight. correct?
That's the way it's supposed to work, but you're always at the mercy of the checkin agent if they have a clue what they're doing or not. Doesn't your eticket show how much additional bags cost? I'm used to UA tickets, but they show on there 2nd & 3rd bag cost for the MSC (if it's not UA).
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dvs7310
That's the way it's supposed to work, but you're always at the mercy of the checkin agent if they have a clue what they're doing or not. Doesn't your eticket show how much additional bags cost? I'm used to UA tickets, but they show on there 2nd & 3rd bag cost for the MSC (if it's not UA).
thanks. no, it does not mention cost for additional bag. it's getting complicated due to codeshare flights.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The DOT rule provides that the baggage allowance for the marketing carrier of the first segment, remains the baggage allowance for all segments. In this case, it is likely that EK is the marketing carrier of the B6-operated segment PHX-JFK (you can check that on your e-ticket receipt as it will show an EK # with "Operated by Jet Blue".

The DOT rules also require that your baggage allowance, if any, be clearly stated on your e-ticket receipt. It sounds as though you have that. It is what the PHX agent will see when he pulls up your information when you check your bag. Nonetheless, smart if you bring a printed copy of the e-ticket receipt (the one with the actual e-ticket # on it).

You should be able to check your bags at PHX through to BLR and pay whatever fee you owe at PHX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.