Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Most Passport Stamps in a Day?

Old May 28, 2015, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond

I got a bunch of passport stamps today and got to thinking, what's the most times you've had your passport stamped in a single day?

Today I woke up in Argentina and crossed the border (didn't get the exit stamp)...
...and entered Foz do Iguazu, Brazil (1)
...then left Brazil (2)
...and entered Ciudad del Este, Paraguay (3)
...I only stayed there a few hours and eventually left (4)
...and returned to Brazil (5)
...which I quickly left (6)
...to enter Argentina (7) to complete my day trip.

That gave me 7 stamps in a day. Had I properly exited Argentina I would have had an 8th. I could have also had 0 because never once did they attempt to look at my passport and I had to go out of my way each time to do so. I think technically I'm supposed to (which is why I did) but it seems odd that they never bother to check - especially since all 3 of those countries require Americans (such as myself) to have a $160 visa/reciprocity fee. The only other international border I've ever walked across (Spain-Gibraltar) didn't scan/stamp passports but you at least had to show it to them.
Old May 28, 2015, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Hope you have the Passport with extra pages.
Old May 28, 2015, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Hope you have the Passport with extra pages.
I just renewed to a 52 page passport in October. Pages 1-16, page 20, and endorsements/page 50 (thanks Morocco ) are completely filled and page 21 is 3/4 filled with Paraguayan postage? stamps to accompany the Paraguayan visa on page 20.

I wonder if I should add more pages since I think we won't be able to soon.
Old May 28, 2015, 6:28 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
A long time ago: train Germany into Basel SBB, Germany exit stamp, 5 minutes later Swiss entry, connect to train to Paris, 10 minutes later (Basel SNCF) French entry. So 3 stamps in 20 minutes.
Old May 28, 2015, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by catbox9
Today I woke up in Argentina and crossed the border (didn't get the exit stamp)...
...and entered Foz do Iguazu, Brazil (1)
...then left Brazil (2)
...and entered Ciudad del Este, Paraguay (3)
...I only stayed there a few hours and eventually left (4)
...and returned to Brazil (5)
...which I quickly left (6)
...to enter Argentina (7) to complete my day trip.
Hah, nice. I visited the falls last year, but didn't collect nearly as many stamps as you. I stayed in Brazil and took one of the local buses over to the Argentina side for a day. I got an entry and exit stamp for Argentina, but the bus didn't even bother stopping at the Brazil immigration points. I was really happy that they didn't stop on the way back after skipping it on the way over
Old May 28, 2015, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

I would think 4 in a day is pretty common. I've done that one other time by making a day trip from Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay.

I think day trips from Singapore to Indonesia are also somewhat common although the only person I know that did such a trip didn't recommend it.
Old May 28, 2015, 7:12 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
and endorsements/page 50 (thanks Morocco )
Same thing with Morocco.... thanks to them for expanding my passport

I haven't done this, but if you go from Mainland China to Macau via Hong Kong, you'll get 6 stamps round-trip.

I went out of my way to get extra stamps with my first passport, back in the good 'ol days when adding pages didn't cost extra. With the current passport that's 3 years old and > full - except for interesting places (Gibraltar, Melilla, all stops on UA's islandhopper ...) I don't go out of my way looking for stamps.
Old May 28, 2015, 7:23 pm

I think day trips from Singapore to Indonesia are also somewhat common although the only person I know that did such a trip didn't recommend it.
Day trips into Malaysia from SG are far more common.
Old May 28, 2015, 7:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I just renewed to a 52 page passport in October. ...
I wonder if I should add more pages since I think we won't be able to soon.
Pretty sure you already cannot if you have a newer passport.

I did the Macau day trip from Hong Kong once, collecting all those stamps. And I've stamped in to Schengen @ BRU for about 20 minutes because there were no competent agents at the gate. Or at FRA a few times to get to a lounge.
Old May 28, 2015, 8:13 pm

I once went Bostwana-Namibia-Zimbabwe-Zambia-Zimbabwe all in the same TWO OR THREE HOURS. Alas, the border guards were so nonchalant I never got a single stamp!

-- PS
Old May 28, 2015, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Palal
With the current passport that's 3 years old and > full - except for interesting places (Gibraltar, Melilla, all stops on UA's islandhopper ...) I don't go out of my way looking for stamps.

Did you get one in Gibraltar? I was really hoping for one when I took a day trip from Spain, but didn't. I suppose I could have asked someone but I assumed since they already sort of looked at my passport that was all I'd get.
Old May 28, 2015, 8:42 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by sbm12
I did the Macau day trip from Hong Kong once, collecting all those stamps.
Macau and HK no longer stamp, but issue paper slips. ^ I've done that trip way too many times, and have pages and pages of China/MO/HK stamps in my old passport.
Old May 29, 2015, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by iroanyikey
I've done that one other time by making a day trip from Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
I've done that one and I seem to remember spending at least one hour in queues to have my passport stamped between the various countries and officials. And Colonia was a hugely disappointing place, especially when I could have spent the day in BA.
Old May 29, 2015, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
And Colonia was a hugely disappointing place, especially when I could have spent the day in BA.

I had the same experience. Lots of people love it there and I suppose it was fine, but Buenos Aires is amazing.
Old May 30, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Palal
I haven't done this, but if you go from Mainland China to Macau via Hong Kong, you'll get 6 stamps round-trip.
It is four stamps each way. 2 entries and 2 exits.

Originally Posted by jpdx
Macau and HK no longer stamp, but issue paper slips. ^ I've done that trip way too many times, and have pages and pages of China/MO/HK stamps in my old passport.
I did the PRC HK MO run thrice in 1 day back when everyone stamped. That was 12 total.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.