Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

where will I go through US customs?

Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Air France from Canada to Geneva with plane change in Minneapolis. Will I go through US customs in Winnipeg or Minneapolis or Both? Thanks for the help.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
First of all, you're flying Delta, not Air France. This is almost certainly a code share as AF does not fly YWG-MSP or MSG-CDG.

Second, you will clear US immigration and customs in Winnipeg as YWG has US pre-clearance facilities.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by txflyer77
First of all, you're flying Delta, not Air France. This is almost certainly a code share as AF does not fly YWG-MSP or MSG-CDG.

Second, you will clear US immigration and customs in Winnipeg as YWG has US pre-clearance facilities.
Thanks. You are right about Delta. I appreciate the response
Old Apr 26, 2015, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Minneapolis offers you an easy transfer. You deplane and walk to your CDG departure gate with no intermediate filters / screening. Show your passport at the CDG gate and off you go.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:47 am

Programs: DL GM
AF operates seasonally on MSP-CDG through the summer.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by cfwolfs
AF operates seasonally on MSP-CDG through the summer.
Ah, missed that. I only pulled up the schedule for the next week.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

NO, AF does fly MSP-CDG in the summer when there are two flights daily, with DL operating the earlier one.

OP presumably is flying AF CDG-GVA, although there might be some codeshares connecting through AMS or even LHR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.