Obsession with alcohol on board

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Obsession with alcohol on board

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
The other half has taken to carrying a recycable Starbucks Grande cup when flying. It is filled with brandy in the Flounge
There is no need to ask for further drinks while on board other than water.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:41 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by rumbataz
All I'm asking is what should the etiquette be as some passengers think they're aboard a flying pub! it's embarrassing and awkward as you don't know how tanked they actually are and what they might do.
The etiquette for what?

Do you actually mean you want to tell them to stop drinking, but you don't know how they'll react?

What harm are they causing you?

You seem to be offended by just about everyone based on your daily rants on here. I'd suggest you just stay at home.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:43 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by KenJohn
The other half has taken to carrying a recycable Starbucks Grande cup when flying. It is filled with brandy in the Flounge
There is no need to ask for further drinks while on board other than water.
Now there's an idea!

It would come in useful post take off and pre landing when there's no service...
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Paralytic
You're not really asking though. At least be honest to yourself and admit you're passing judgement.

Then let us do the same to you for doing so
I suppose what sprung to (my) mind was the Pizza Hut All-You-Can-Eat lunches where diners, given only one salad bowl and a one-time fill, built a salad tower that appeared to defy the laws of physics.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Exec Club; Gold
I suppose what sprung to (my) mind was the Pizza Hut All-You-Can-Eat lunches where diners, given only one salad bowl and a one-time fill, built a salad tower that appeared to defy the laws of physics.
Is it not time we all stopped feeding the troll?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm surprised no one has argued that excessive drinking is an abuse of the benefits and demanded the 2015 BA Champagne and Wine thread to be locked..... Heaven forbid if you were drinking and invited a guest.

Last edited by HKGorBust; Apr 8, 2015 at 10:05 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
but they are doing you no harm so whats the problem??
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Silver
Have you ever wondered whether you might have some slight intolerance issues?

Last edited by Paralytic; Apr 8, 2015 at 11:00 am
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by Milnio87

Is it not time we all stopped feeding the troll?
Are you suggesting removing catering from the lounges??
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:24 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Not sure why OP cares what other adults are doing in their private life. Does their drinking affect him somehow? If they were becoming rowdy that would be another matter entirely, but responsible adults enjoying themselves during some hard-earned leisure time seems a rather peculiar thing to get upset about.

Perhaps OP simply needs a drinking buddy to initiate him into our libatious ways. I volunteer.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: Gold Mega Legend
I would suggest that many FTers obsession with booze is not limited to flying - I generally need a drink as soon as i get into the office!
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by revan
I would suggest that many FTers obsession with booze is not limited to flying - I generally need a drink as soon as i get into the office!
I don't post on FT until at least my 3rd drink of the day. It takes 5 before i read anything.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Originally Posted by irishman1986
Not sure why OP cares what other adults are doing in their private life. Does their drinking affect him somehow
I'm sorry but boarding an aircraft isn't part of your private life! If anything were to happen to the aircraft that necessitated an emergency evacuation then perhaps having consumed a lot of alcohol may cause you and your fellow passengers issues?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:24 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

I'm sorry but boarding an aircraft isn't part of your private life! If anything were to happen to the aircraft that necessitated an emergency evacuation then perhaps having consumed a lot of alcohol may cause you and your fellow passengers issues?
Chill out.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: Gold Mega Legend
Using the same logic, I'd better not drink in the pub in the unlikely event that a fire breaks out and I need to evacuate.

Seriously, relax. Only worry about the drinking of yourself and the dudes and dudettes flying the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.