Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Housekeeping: Prefer tips or skip cleaning the room?

Housekeeping: Prefer tips or skip cleaning the room?

Old Mar 22, 2015, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
I'm a privacy freak, I don't want people entering my room, so I prefer that zero people enter my room except for my companions.
This, really. If there was an option to opt out of housekeeping entirely for the duration of the stay I would take it without hesitation. I do not trash my room and I'm capable of making my bed on a morning.

It strikes me as a missed opportunity for hotels, really - why not make housekeeping a requested service? The most important role for housekeeping is surely to clean between guests rather than make my bed for me.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 5:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Foxtbh
Quote:

Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012

I'm a privacy freak, I don't want people entering my room, so I prefer that zero people enter my room except for my companions.

This, really. If there was an option to opt out of housekeeping entirely for the duration of the stay I would take it without hesitation. I do not trash my room and I'm capable of making my bed on a morning.

It strikes me as a missed opportunity for hotels, really - why not make housekeeping a requested service? The most important role for housekeeping is surely to clean between guests rather than make my bed for me.
That's basically how Spg works. You can opt out of housekeeping and get 500 points per day. Win win! Saves labor cost, saves planet earth, and nobody snooping around my business.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 6:54 am

Most housekeepers I've worked with don't care too much about tips. It's nice, but not something they expect.

What they appreciate more than anything is having the room not be totally trashed when someone checks out. Towels gathered, trash together even if there is a bunch, etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.