Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I Join Club 33 at Disneyland?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by brendog
Aside from the ubiquitous mouse ears, not really. They both have rides, long lines, and overpriced crappy food. One just happens to be bigger.
False. WDW has incredible dining options. You haven't done the necessary research.

Amusement parks tend to be all about the rides. WDW is about the experience.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Originally Posted by OskiBear
I think it's quite odd that this is a site where people think nothing of spending thousands of dollars on a first class airline seat for a 10-hour flight but are chastising the OP for considering the Club 33 membership at a comparable cost.
Come on, this is FT ... we get to fly FC because we used miles we accumulated doing MR's through mistake fares

We would never pay $10K+ for a fare ... sheesh.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:05 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by TMM1982
False. WDW has incredible dining options. You haven't done the necessary research.
I absolutely love WDW, but clearly the incredible dining options you describe are somewhat hidden. I'm not used to processed American food and after a few days of eating frozen pre-prepared junk I tend to feel rather ill for a while.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I used to work for BofA in Southern California and they had a membership that was used for corporate functions (we had a few division off-sites at Club 33) and business promotion (read - taking high value customers/prospects out).

A company as large as BofA has no problems making use of the benefits and ensuring the membership is in consistent use. I'd question if the OP could sustain similar levels of activity; otherwise, it seems a lot to pay.
This would make it worth it to me. That is, if I owned or were a senior partner of a business that could make use of this membership to develop business, reward employees, and further engage clients, I would totally go for it.

If it's truly just for yourself and your family/friends, then it would not be worth it to me. Then again, I also have different perspectives on money and love of Disney, i.e., I have a little bit of both, but not nearly enough of either to be a suitable candidate for this.

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I absolutely love WDW, but clearly the incredible dining options you describe are somewhat hidden. I'm not used to processed American food and after a few days of eating frozen pre-prepared junk I tend to feel rather ill for a while.
WDW and its resorts have absolutely amazing restaurants. It's not all hot dogs, hamburgers, and chicken strips.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
WDW and its resorts have absolutely amazing restaurants. It's not all hot dogs, hamburgers, and chicken strips.
WDW? Mind you I have not been in over a year, but I can't say there were any even good places to eat I knew of. There were a few that were passable in the resorts, but I find the parks tend to focus too much on assembly line cheap processed foods labeled and garnished to pretend they were something else. I think food is one of the areas Disney had wrong for a long time.

This might be one thing I would like club 33 for. While I think overall Disneyland is better than WDW in the food department, I imagine Club 33 actually gets you good food.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:06 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Here is a review of the "best steaks in Disney World"
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/0...-disney-world/

Note that WDW is the entire complex/campus. If you're thinking of the Magic Kingdom specifically, I'd agree that "good" food is scarce.
http://wdwprepschool.com/pros-and-co...m-restaurants/
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Here is a review of the "best steaks in Disney World"
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/0...-disney-world/

Note that WDW is the entire complex/campus. If you're thinking of the Magic Kingdom specifically, I'd agree that "good" food is scarce.
http://wdwprepschool.com/pros-and-co...m-restaurants/
Better food to be had at parks other than Magic Kingdom. However, getting a reservation is sometimes a pain.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:44 am

Shula's I believe, is not a Disney operated restaurant. The others are - OK. until of course you figure n what you paid for it. There are much better options off site.

So LAChargers - what did you choose to do?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cloudship
Shula's I believe, is not a Disney operated restaurant.
LOL semantics. It's a restaurant on WDW property so it counts. I'll run down the list of all the amazing restaurants:

Via Napoli - Epcot
Chefs de France - Epcot
Biergarten - Epcot
Rose & Crown - Epcot
Le Celier - Epcot
Be Our Guest - Magic
Hollywood Brown Derby - Hollywood Studios
Yak n Yeti - Animal Kingdom
Flying Fish - Boardwalk
Yachtsman Steakhouse - Yacht Club Resort
Fulton's Crabhouse - Downtown Disney
Citricos - Grand Floridian Resort
Narcoossees - Grand Floridian Resort
Jiko - Animal Kingdom Resort

The list goes on and on....
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:08 pm

LOL semantics. It's a restaurant on WDW property so it counts. I'll run down the list of all the amazing restaurants:
It's actually very different.

While Disney has always tried to portray itself as a lean, agile company playing with the leading edge technologies and processes, it is really anything but. It has to be, from my knowledge anyways, one of the most bureaucratic, disorganized messes there is. I think one of the reason they have to keep hiking ticket prices is because they don't have good control of their operations. They have lots of budget control - penny pinching etc., and lot's of marketing skill, but operationally, no.

Without getting too deep into the details, Disney food operations is run like a high school cafeteria. There simply is no connection between the decisions being made on menus and supplies and the front line staff. What happens is that quality really suffers. Higher ups think more in terms of feeding masses than in running restaurants. Fortunately they do have some good middle managers who keep things in OK shape (never thought I would say that!) but really, there is so much more they could do. So while Artists Point may get fancier grade beef, it is not necessarily better beef. And even then, many times they will just order the same things and pass it off as better.

Shula's I believe is separately managed and operated. That means you don't have as much of Disney's control. That is not saying the necessarily do better, just different.

Food may have gotten better recently - I swore off WDW a few years ago. At one point in the past food was good there, then it became a marketing company, and food suffered. We will see what new leadership brings.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:26 pm

Deleted

Last edited by brendog; Oct 15, 2015 at 3:34 pm
Old Mar 6, 2015, 3:56 am
Suspended

It has to be, from my knowledge anyways, one of the most bureaucratic, disorganized messes there is.
Yet they continue to post record profits each quarter. I'm sure they will note your concerns.

Without getting too deep into the details, Disney food operations is run like a high school cafeteria.
I actually just gave you a list of top quality restaurants on the WDW grounds. I can assure you that they are anything but cafeteria quality. They may not be Le Cirque but they are excellent restaurants, certainly much better than what one would find at Six Flags or Busch Gardens.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere

Via Napoli - Epcot
Chefs de France - Epcot
Biergarten - Epcot
Rose & Crown - Epcot
Le Celier - Epcot
Be Our Guest - Magic
Hollywood Brown Derby - Hollywood Studios
Yak n Yeti - Animal Kingdom
Flying Fish - Boardwalk
Yachtsman Steakhouse - Yacht Club Resort
Fulton's Crabhouse - Downtown Disney
Citricos - Grand Floridian Resort
Narcoossees - Grand Floridian Resort
Jiko - Animal Kingdom Resort

The list goes on and on....
You got something against California Grill?

As someone who has been to WDW many times, in my view your list has some restaurants that are fun and interesting, but not particularly good, such as Biergarten and Rose and Crown. That said, Flying Fish, California Grill, Narcoossees, and a few others are places I would love to visit outside the "World." They are, indeed, "outstanding" restaurants.

I like Chefs de France okay I guess, but they really don't have the type of food I usually eat when I'm in France. It could be improved upon mightily. I thought Bistro de Paris was exceptional the one time I ate there; it's replacement, Monsieur Paul's, seems to get good reviews.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Rebelyell
You got something against California Grill?
Never. Just slipped my mind as did some other restaurants I'm sure.

I like Chefs de France okay I guess, but they really don't have the type of food I usually eat when I'm in France. It could be improved upon mightily.
I don't normally do it for dinner as there are other properties I enjoy. I go for lunch and we all get the burger and fries. Absolutely delicious.

I thought Bistro de Paris was exceptional the one time I ate there; it's replacement, Monsieur Paul's, seems to get good reviews.
Bistro de Paris was phenomenal. Monsieur Paul, we tried it, and it doesn't come close to BdP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.