Should I Join Club 33 at Disneyland?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 4:59 pm

Deleted

Last edited by brendog; Oct 15, 2015 at 3:36 pm
Old Mar 3, 2015, 6:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by brendog
Yes, but nothig screams "I have far too much money" better than spending $30k at an amusement park.
Really? I think a Bugatti might.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
Not to sound curt, but it's much more than an amusement park. Have you ever been?

Yes, but nothig screams "I have far too much money" better than spending $30k at an amusement park.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by TMM1982
At the end of the year, you'd still have the Bugatti.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jlb3
Not to sound curt, but it's much more than an amusement park. Have you ever been?
You won't meet a bigger WDW fan than me but it's just an amusement park. A very, very, very awesome amusement park but still just a park.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:26 am

Once you purchase something like this, you are going to want to get the most out of it and use all of your vacation time going to Disney Resorts instead of seeing the rest of the world. I love Disney and the parks and had a wonderful time the one time I went to Club 33, but we gave up our annual passes after many years. We found that we felt we had to go so many times to get our moneys worth and it became more of a chore than anything else.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Maybe there is joy of having the Club 33 card just like Ryan Bingham and his 10million AA miles card?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:47 pm

Deleted

Last edited by brendog; Oct 15, 2015 at 3:35 pm
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:07 pm
Suspended

I didn't really notice much difference from any other amusement park, aside from the size. Certainly nothing that would be worth dropping $30k.
You can't tell the difference between Disney World and 6 Flags? Really?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:26 pm

Deleted

Last edited by brendog; Oct 15, 2015 at 3:36 pm
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
Obviously you don't get it. I've been to a lot of places in the USA and none of them compare to WDW and DL. But that's my opinion. I'd gladly join Club 33 and sacrifice going to other places.

Aside from the ubiquitous mouse ears, not really. They both have rides, long lines, and overpriced crappy food. One just happens to be bigger.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by tentseller
Maybe there is joy of having the Club 33 card just like Ryan Bingham and his 10million AA miles card?
I suspect that the AA CK card will impress more people (and more interesting people, like well traveled adults) than a WDW Club 33 card. Trying to pick up someone with Club 33 might impress a very few kindred spirits and a lot of instand friends aka freeloaders wanting to get an invitation to check off an item in their bucket list, but I would think the odds of success with a reasonable "quality" person would be greater with a FF card for some special unpublished elite level. A simple AmEx Plat card would almost be better, although I'd worry that the Centurion card would attract gold diggers and sugar wannabees.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
A fellow FTer is a member and took a few of us to dinner at Club 33. Great experience. If I were a Disney enthusiast and had the means, I'd jump at membership.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by TMM1982
How about driving your Bugatti to the amusement park to spend the $30k. Plus $12k per year (don't forget that part).

My sister is hooked on Disney. She goes several times a year and always take several family members. She thinks the price for the club is absurd.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I'd do it if I had the money.

I'm not a Disney "nut," but I do enjoy the parks. I have an annual pass and drop by once a month or so in the evening on my way home from work.

I think it's quite odd that this is a site where people think nothing of spending thousands of dollars on a first class airline seat for a 10-hour flight but are chastising the OP for considering the Club 33 membership at a comparable cost.

Just as not everyone gets the travel game we all enjoy, not everyone gets the Disney parks. Let him enjoy it if he wants to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.