Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

The Ultimate Reward on a personal and local leval...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2014, 8:04 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

I am in the same city, a lot; somewhere close to 250 nights over the past four years and at least 230 of those nights have been in the same hotel. For 230 nights I have walked into different rooms and seen the same "ugly chair" a butterscotch vinyl covered wing chair and matching ugly ottoman.
and for 230 mornings I have walked into the bathroom and seen a really bad print of a monkey and a blue jay that I have never quite figured out.

As it turns out, the hotel is renovating all of the rooms so tonight I asked the front desk manager about the chances of buying a chair and the picture. (Thinking about it, I have the perfect place in my bedroom for a nice chair and a picture of a monkey.)

My friend at the front office just called me and they are going to give them to me because of my loyalty and because I explained how quirky they are. I picked them up this afternoon.

This is the service at a local level some of are able to enjoy.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:48 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum

You need psychiatric help. Welcome to the club!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:05 pm

Programs: United, American, Southwest, USAirways, Delta
Please tell me you're getting a new chair, and not one of the old used chairs they are getting rid of.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 2:16 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

I would have taken an old one... nothing a little H2 O2 can't clean up. As it turned out, they gave me a brand new in packing one they had in storage. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.