Most Boring Airport Terminal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most Boring Airport Terminal

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:57 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

RST is pretty boring. As Rochester, MN is home to the Mayo Clinic it has hundreds of pax a day coming to or from MSP or ORD. Airport has little to offer to those seeking a comfortable place to sit. Nothing much there. Airport personnel, including TSA are friendly.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
ERI takes the cake for me. All services landside. And by "services" I mean the single place to eat.

FAR isn't much better and has the same "all who pass security shall remain hungry" strategy.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Originally Posted by Lost
NCL and MCI for me. Straight out of the late 70's, lowest bidder got the job, design for both.
I was going to say MCI also, but hesitated since its been awhile since I've been there. Do they still have the overly-aggressive, hostile TSA people there?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
HEH does it for me. That's Heho, in Myanmar, the gateway to Lake Inle. The only seating consists of some wooden benches and some plastic chairs and all are arranged all facing the windows overlooking a small road and some bushes, from which you walk to or from the plane. For those who cannot read Burmese, there's the odd handwritten sign saying that a particular flight is delayed (there are no signs for on-time flights) although not all delayed flights (which seems to be most) get the benefit of the piece of paper. No food and no drinks, which is just as well as the lavatories are deeply unpleasant.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
GCC (Gillette, Wyoming) might be at the top of my list. If your lucky, you can get a snack and a horrible cup of coffee during certain hours, otherwise there is a vending machine.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:55 am
Suspended

Oh. Laredo! A tiny little terminal. One terrible quick serve restaurant that has caused food poisoning to more than one colleague of mine, and TSA doesn't even show up until 15 mins before a flight.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by KDS777
YXU.................London, Ontario.
YXU at least has a bar. If we're going to compare small regional Ontario airports, YGK is the absolute worst.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:51 pm

BWN. The airport is dry and next to nothing to do, especially on a transit that gets delayed. Only a Coffee Bean that doesn't accept credit cards and a couple of shops to buy snacks.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Originally Posted by j_the_p
YXU at least has a bar.
It's been a year since I was last thru there.

At the time the total amount of pax amenities for food/drinks consisted of a small area cordoned off the in the corner where they had 6-8 chairs, a couple of tables with a cooler and a counter, where a lady made sandwiches and sold bags of chips. Maybe 300 sq ft total. In a terminal for a city of 300K + people.........

While you could purchase a beer or highballs, it may have technically qualified as a bar. I consumed said beer and bag of chips as well.

Last edited by KDS777; Mar 7, 2018 at 8:13 am
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
Should there be a qualifier here that the airport has to serve a certain number of passengers?

I can understand small BFE airports that only get two or three RJs a day not having many services, but airports that regularly see mainline aircraft should have a bit more...
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
SXF is a dumpster.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
RHO in the winter. In the summer they get a lot of airlines and there are two different lounges. In the winter the lounges are shuttered and most of the flights are internal Greece flights. The terminal is a concrete 1970s structure without much in the way of seating, amenities and outlets.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:25 pm

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
No idea if it's been mentioned. Kazan Russia...seems like large open warehouse with walls separating the key areas. Also looks and feels like a relic of WWII.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
LGA inside security sucks. Virtually no shops. Overcrowded. Crappy seats.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:08 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Medium-sized airports:

MCI. Terrible design from the Eastern bloc concrete era. Overpriced and bad food options. And try finding a working electrical outlet (and if you do, you'll likely have to move a gang of five chairs to get to it). And then there's boring -- nothing to look at and no lounges. The just-approved new terminal looks wonderful, though.

ONT. A wasteland of things to do or see.

Small Airports:

YKM
VIS
UIN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.