Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most Boring Airport Terminal

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
The Berry Terminal in Detroit was a piece of 1970s excrescence masquerading as an airport terminal.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 7:23 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
HAN - shocking check-in, bad lighting, bad seating, woeful retail, two identical (and bad) contract lounges in an empty upstairs area.

They do have airbridges but you still often get bussed.
Hey that Burger King upstairs is a whole lot of fun... Otherwise you can "shop" the whole terminal in about 20 minutes.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 3:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Tiny airports shouldn't count.

Domestic terminal at PEK is pretty much soulless. I forget which number...it was a China Eastern flight to SHA departing from an incredibly bland and un-air-conditioned terminal. Although there were hundreds of people awaiting flights, there were only 2 small restaurants open for business and really no other shops. Entirely depressing place. I understand there is a new international terminal there that is probably quite nice.

The older terminal at CAI ranks up there as well. The MS lounge had the lighting and seating of a government agency waiting room. The day we were there many domestic flights were delayed, a large mostly-international crowd was seeking information from MS staff about where to go, and no one really seemed to know anything.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:16 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by davie355
American Eagle terminal at LAX.
Which now has an Admirals Club. Any terminal with a lounge option is not the most boring.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 5:05 pm

The regional gates in Terminal 1 Pier F at CYYZ are boring and bad. I'm sure that they built the rest of pier F then realized they never bothered to design these gates. They then had the construction company build something out of spare parts.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Which now has an Admirals Club. Any terminal with a lounge option is not the most boring.
I was pleasantly surprised to discover this last week. Flying HKG-LAX-DEN on CX and US. After re-clearing security I waited in the AA Flagship lounge in the main terminal and only went to the satellite terminal at the last minute. LAX-DEN wound up being delayed two hours due to winter storms parked over DEN. I didn't feel like going all the way back to the main terminal since the GA wasn't yet sure how long the delay would be (various agents kept contradicting each other).

I sat down at one of the power outlet bars looking for wifi and noticed a network labeled "Admirals Club". I turned around and realized I was ten feet from the lounge entrance.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:15 am

SAN Commuter Terminal as previously mentioned and Terminal 1 at the
Southwest gate area. Cramped, crowded, and lack of dining options.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by LtKernelPanic
My hometown airport is pretty blah but it's a small regional one. If you're taking major airports Sky Harbor's t2 is pretty bland from what I recall of it.
I was thinking something pretty similar about HPN. Other than a few model airplanes (large scale) hanging from the ceiling, it's a "holding cell" while you wait to board. No services beyond security, so if you want to grab something from the Dunkin' Donuts right before screening, you have about 5 minutes to guzzle it down while you work your way through the queue (if it's busy. If it's not, you have about 30 seconds.)
Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by CZBB
After spending a week in Vegas, and having picked up a couple of people during my stay, I have to say T3 at Las Vegas is my vote, especially by the carosels.

There's no art, minimal signage, no interesting design, and it's beige beige beige,

http://www.pgal.com/media/portfolio/...an_103-web.jpg
Vegas is the best terminal for me. Since United/Delta/AA fly out of D, no matter what airline I take, I am always by the Amex Centurion lounge. I could post about a dozen or two photos of the different spreads they have for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at this lounge. It is by far one of my favorite lounges ever.

Plus, I never use my priority pass card - but I know it would get me access at the United Club (I don't know if i need to be flying united that day, like my amex plat. doesn't give me delta skyclub access unless i fly delta that day).

Beyond that, I am never "in" the Vegas terminals.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
First - What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Apparently, you did not get this important memo

Second - Vegas does not need the airport to be attractive. People almost leave immediately after arrival
I go to the Centurion lounge every time. No better way to start your trip in Vegas than to treat yourself to that lounge....
Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:09 pm

TUL airport for me, is the most boring. Its big enough to need a AA lounge if you ask me, yet they have no AA lounge.

I guess the airport has had continuous downsizing and consolidation in flights over the number of years.

The A1-A17 I think it is portion of DTW is also pretty crappy as far as food options go. The skyclub there is the only redeeming quality.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by mr27
SAN Commuter Terminal as previously mentioned and Terminal 1 at the
Southwest gate area. Cramped, crowded, and lack of dining options.
Boring indeed, but compensated by the airport being so close to the city.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:34 am

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
BHM and GRR come to mind. I haven't been to BHM since 2005 so maybe they have changed things since then.
BHM demolished the smaller terminal, opened two new terminals in 2013, and renovated the larger terminal. While dated, the old terminals had great aircraft views. The new ones make it very difficult to see any aircraft.

The AS gates at BLI before the new terminal was built were basically two portable classrooms with the dividing wall and desks removed.

I was not a fan of LAX T3 when AS used that terminal.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Boston, when flying Air Canada. It is just a room, with a tiny snack counter and loos. Really, it was horrid - I normally get through security, do a bit of shopping, grab a meal etc. Nope. No duty free options (although you can buy it pre-security and they bring it through, apparently) but how utterly boring, absolutely no diversions at all!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:10 pm

You've obviously never had the experience of having flight delay's at the Birmingham, AL airport. You run out of new things to discover in about 5 minutes. People watching can be entertaining.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.