Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Invasion" by Arab Gulf Airlines.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
I don't, I think what would they do if their really got a small taste of "luxury" flying. I pity them.
Did it ever occur to you that those bag tags often have the utilitarian effect of saving a few minutes at baggage claim?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by moondog
Did it ever occur to you that those bag tags often have the utilitarian effect of saving a few minutes at baggage claim?
On carry-on luggage?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cmd320
On carry-on luggage?
While slapping those tags on a computer bag would be beyond tacky, my primary roller is small enough to carry on, but I always check it (this allows me be the last person to board without even contemplating the notion of bin space).
Old Sep 18, 2015, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by moondog
I never put any tags on my luggage. It just indicates that this bag might be worth opening and taking whatever from it.

It happened to me on BA, someone took an incredible coat from my bag. It was a few years ago and I still miss and want my coat back.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 7:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Zulazai
Here in the YVR the powers that be are looking after us and the *cough cough* unions and working hard to stand guard against such invasion by Emirates, Etihad or Qatar. All hail Air Canada!
Given that Qatar has slavery in its country, I'd say it's a pretty easy argument to make in that case. Tell me, how much do you enjoy that sensored internet when you land in those places?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ou81two
Given that Qatar has slavery in its country, I'd say it's a pretty easy argument to make in that case. Tell me, how much do you enjoy that sensored internet when you land in those places?
A narrow-minded and sensationalistic comment. I'll take a few hours of being unable to access adult websites in exchange for not having to put up with crAApy intercontinental products. To be honest I'd be too buzzed on Krug to care about accessing the Internet in the DOH lounge.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
A sensored internet sounds pretty cool! Just as long as it isn't censored.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
A narrow-minded and sensationalistic comment. I'll take a few hours of being unable to access adult websites in exchange for not having to put up with crAApy intercontinental products. To be honest I'd be too buzzed on Krug to care about accessing the Internet in the DOH lounge.
X 2 ^^^^^^
Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:51 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by edgewood49
I agree with you on AF, that's our other "go to" international metal AF F&B has really improved especially on their 380's. Noticeable difference.

KLM is a shadow of what it use to be. We did SFO/AMS'JNB R/T four years ago and the food was horrible up front and I use to live in the Netherlands so Dutch food doesn't usually scare me.

we almost chose BA for our next long haul to Africa ( Safari) but instead chose EK however their FC section on the new 787-9 looks pretty cool!

As for DL I doubt we will use them again long haul.
KLM has made a number of F&B improvements over the past year. In Y, they are also allowing "upgraded" pay to play food orders.

But, Air France still wins. Their new ex-CDG F/J pre-order special menu is also quite nice.

Delta is often better than KLM, based on the improvements started just prior to Delta One service being introduced in March of 2015. Also, improvements on the hard liquor, not huge, but still nice to see improvements nonetheless. I still believe that the Delta hard and soft products beats AA/UA consistently. Remember, any Delta experience over 12-14 months old, is not really relevant. A lot has changed over the past year+.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
KLM has made a number of F&B improvements over the past year. In Y, they are also allowing "upgraded" pay to play food orders.

But, Air France still wins. Their new ex-CDG F/J pre-order special menu is also quite nice.

Delta is often better than KLM, based on the improvements started just prior to Delta One service being introduced in March of 2015. Also, improvements on the hard liquor, not huge, but still nice to see improvements nonetheless. I still believe that the Delta hard and soft products beats AA/UA consistently. Remember, any Delta experience over 12-14 months old, is not really relevant. A lot has changed over the past year+.
Not hard to be at UA/AA these days! And that is truly sad, as an American. We might be doing KLM to AMS next year and good to know there are improvements. I guess my really bad back to back to back experiences coupled with flying AF/EK has me not wanting to waste money and time trying DL again. The price differential is not that much for a superior product
Old Sep 20, 2015, 5:13 pm
Suspended

BS. Go have a few drinks and wander Dubai. See if you get arrested. Same with taking in certain medications. There are plenty of websites which you can't even visit there. How about drinking juice outside during ramadan. Kiss your wife risk jail time. How about a few years of jail for getting poppyseeds on your clothes from eating a sandwich. Real things. Instead of whining, look them up.

That of course completely ignores that if you fly a Qatar airline, you're supporting human slavery.

Instead of whining, you might want to pull your head out of the sand.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 5:38 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Quote:

BS. Go have a few drinks and wander Dubai. See if you get arrested. Same with taking in certain medications. There are plenty of websites which you can't even visit there. How about drinking juice outside during ramadan. Kiss your wife risk jail time. How about a few years of jail for getting poppyseeds on your clothes from eating a sandwich. Real things. Instead of whining, look them up.

That of course completely ignores that if you fly a Qatar airline, you're supporting human slavery.

This is the most ridiculous post I have ever seen. "Go have a few drinks, walk around Dubai, see if you get arrested"? Really? I was pretty drunk in Dubai last week, Abu Dhabi also, and I made it back to the US quite fine.

My question to you, have you ever visited Dubai or the UAE? Do you travel much internationally? Not trying to throw insults here but your post is extremely inaccurate.

Last edited by Mauibaby2008; Sep 20, 2015 at 5:45 pm
Old Sep 20, 2015, 5:39 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Xxxxxxx
Old Sep 20, 2015, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LOL!!

Sounds like the opinion of someone who's never been to a single one of the places in question...
Old Sep 20, 2015, 5:47 pm

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
Narrow minded for not supporting countries that have slave labor? Just look at how many slaves have died in the past year trying to get Qatar ready for the World Cup. UAE is the same way. That big huge tower in the middle of Dubai was built on the backs of slaves.

If I were asked to go to one of these places for work, I'd demand to fly a carrier that isn't based there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.