Reload this Page >

Priority Pass Airport Lounges [Consolidated thread from 2013 onward]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:08 am

I have a just received my standard plus card.
I would like to know that if I take a guest with me then will my PP card charge to my credit card or can I pay $27 cash at the lounge?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by w2106
I would like to know that if I take a guest with me then will my PP card charge to my credit card or can I pay $27 cash at the lounge?
I only have a PP with "free 2 lounge visits" and have only used it once, so this may or may not be accurate: The lounge guy normally swipes the PP card and it goes to the Credit Card company, who then charges you for the guest.

I don't know if you can elect to pay cash instead.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by w2106
Very few lounges (in Europe at least) accept cash. Normally my guests are billed through the credit card registered with PP
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Which would you choose: "The Club" at Sea-Tac or an Alaska Airlines Boardroom?

Will be there for one hour or so...probably just have a couple beers and a snack. I read somewhere that AS pours complimentary craft beers in its lounge, but I have never been to one.

Leaning towards AS since I'm actually flying them, but also interested if "The Club" is any good. Never heard of it before.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by pinniped

Will be there for one hour or so...probably just have a couple beers and a snack. I read somewhere that AS pours complimentary craft beers in its lounge, but I have never been to one.

Leaning towards AS since I'm actually flying them, but also interested if "The Club" is any good. Never heard of it before.
We will be there soon so I will let you know. We have UC access so guess that's like hitting the trifecta! AS lounge is definitely worth a visit for the Alaskan beer, if not the snacks.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 5:56 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE

Never been to The Club before... just got my PP card today. The AS Boardroom does pour a local draft, very nice... they have a sign that says there is a limit (3 if I recall) but I don't know that they are very aggressive in enforcement as I have never tested them on it.

Last edited by krlcomm; Jul 14, 2015 at 9:37 pm
Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:10 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I recently went to both the boardroom and the club at sea. The bloody mary at the club was way better than in the board room although the pancake machine in the boardroom could make for some good breakfast.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Thanks! I'll probably start with the Boardroom since that will be easy. One of these times when I have a bit longer connection there I'll wander over to the Club...
Old Jul 9, 2015, 5:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Thanks! I'll probably start with the Boardroom since that will be easy. One of these times when I have a bit longer connection there I'll wander over to the Club...
Just be aware that the SEA BR can get really crowded. I visited it back in March (using my PP membership to get in) and it was standing room only.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
The Club @ SEA is money!! Nice bar with premium liquor, beer and wine (not self serve) and a good selection of canned and bottled soft drinks and juices. The food is less impressive but nice to have indiv wrapped cookies and chips that you can pack & use later. Not too crowded on a Monday afternoon (then again UA lounge wasn't too busy either).

In sum, The Club would be my first choice in Term-A (UA gates) but not sure I would go out of my way from AS gates, particularly if you are content with wonderful Alaskan beer UC lounge is tolerable if you don't mind second-rate booze.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 3:23 am

Programs: US Gold
I was looking through the PP site, and noticed that some of the lounges indicate that there's a maximum-length stay (like three hours). That's find if you're arriving at the airport for a particular flight, but what happens when there are delays and cancellations? Do they throw you out, or charge you a second time?

wg
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by baliktad
Anytime you bring in a guest, it will cost you $27. No matter what. Guests always cost $27 apiece, on the first entry, the 11th entry, or the 100th entry. It's always $27 per guest no matter what. It doesn't matter what kind of Priority Pass you get, guests always cost $27.
Unless your guest is a child, under 12 in some places, under 4 in others. My daughter joined me in the amusing small lounge at the Galapagos airport this week from some free plantain chips, a ham & cheese sandwich, and a drink, as she was hungry.

No charge.

(moral - be careful with "always" and "never")
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE

Apologies for going off-topic a bit here but we are discussing SEA... Looks like the Centurion Studio is open... Anyone visited yet? http://thecenturionlounge.com/locations/SEA
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by krlcomm
Apologies for going off-topic a bit here but we are discussing SEA... Looks like the Centurion Studio is open... Anyone visited yet? http://thecenturionlounge.com/locations/SEA
A number of people have visited - there's a full discussion here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ne-2015-a.html
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by wendyg
I was looking through the PP site, and noticed that some of the lounges indicate that there's a maximum-length stay (like three hours). That's find if you're arriving at the airport for a particular flight, but what happens when there are delays and cancellations? Do they throw you out, or charge you a second time?

wg
Only in the busiest locations is it likely to be an issue, and guests in those scenarios may be asked to leave or to swipe their PP card again (depending on lounge dragons).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.