Priority Pass Airport Lounges [Consolidated thread from 2013 onward]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Pass Airport Lounges [Consolidated thread from 2013 onward]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by CRAZ8
Often true, but with some major holes. I was in Australia in May, and looked up PP lounges. There's exactly 1 for the whole country, and it's in Cairns! New Zealand only has 1 too, but that's in Auckland, so a bit more useful.

I'm a bit spoiled in Seattle, as now we have 4, but as has been noted, The Club in A has inconvenient hours, but even 3 lounges is more than Australia and New Zealand combined!
Another PP-free country is Norway, a significant business destination not least thanks to the oil industry. OSL has the 'OSL Lounge' which could be in the programme but each time I have asked PP over some years they mutter about 'negotiations'
Old Jan 2, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
I dropped my PP this year after 5 year of membership. The loss of almost all UA lounges in the US mid last year made PP a bad deal for me. Coupled with their very lackluster customer support and twice charging me for a companion I didn't have (and taking months to sort out) and I was happy to say adios to PP. I think as a business they are about done, at least in the US.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by timfountain
I dropped my PP this year after 5 year of membership. The loss of almost all UA lounges in the US mid last year made PP a bad deal for me. Coupled with their very lackluster customer support and twice charging me for a companion I didn't have (and taking months to sort out) and I was happy to say adios to PP. I think as a business they are about done, at least in the US.
Can't say I agree with you, they keep adding lounges even after losing UA. Perhaps you could consider an American Express Platinum or Citi Prestige card, both of which will come with PP membership
Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:27 am

Aspire Lounges in AMS

Hello,

I'll be travelling with my wife from HKG to AMS with CX (J class) and after couple of hours further to WAW with LO (Y class). As far as I understand, it won't be possible for us to get to any AMS lounge for CX J class passengers (as we'll be in AMS after our CX flight and not before J class flight), so I'm looking for other possibility to spend couple of hours in quiet place with some food options. According to PP website, there're two lounges for PP holders (I'm one of them):

1) Aspire Lounge (No.26), Departure Lounge 1

2) Aspire Lounge (No.41), Terminal 2.

Description and pictures of both of them show that the second one might be better place for us as it seems to be more spacious and offers more food (at least on pictures), however it's only for Non-Schengen flights.
Do you know if it's available for passengers arriving to AMS on Non-Schengen flight and travelling further on Schengen flight?
Another question is, if there's really any major difference between these both lounges?

Best regards, Bartek
Old Nov 1, 2016, 3:54 pm

Prioritypass question

I see the Prioritypass membership allows access to the KAL lounge only at Tom Bradley, LAX. So, my question is, if I am traveling by Etihad airways but am a Prioritypass member can I still access the KAL lounge? Also, is there a per visit fee for the lounge?

Also, if I am traveling through Tom Bradley can I access the other lounges in Terminal 3 and 6 since they are airside, not sure if you can get through security just to access the lounges for a few hours??

Last edited by k374; Nov 1, 2016 at 4:12 pm
Old Nov 1, 2016, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by k374
Also, is there a per visit fee for the lounge?
Depends on the colour of your PriorityPass.

Platinum (which I get with my company Platinum Amex card) gives you unlimited visits.

Gold and Silver give you a limited number of free visits per year.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by k374
I see the Prioritypass membership allows access to the KAL lounge only at Tom Bradley, LAX. So, my question is, if I am traveling by Etihad airways but am a Prioritypass member can I still access the KAL lounge? Also, is there a per visit fee for the lounge?

Also, if I am traveling through Tom Bradley can I access the other lounges in Terminal 3 and 6 since they are airside, not sure if you can get through security just to access the lounges for a few hours??
Yes, you can use the KAL lounge with any airline under PP. Like Aviatrix said, it depends on what PP membership you have. If it's through a credit card (Priority Pass Select), likely no charge. Otherwise, expect $27 if its a purchased PP membership at the lower tier.

You can access lounges in T6 from TBIT through the secure connectors. You cannot access the T3 VA lounge staying airside. Unless it has changed, LAX doesn't let you go through security at T3 if you don't have a T3 BP.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: Avios
Just returned from Kingston Jamaica and the priority pass lounge at KIN airport is top notch.Very good food,free mixed drinks,small spa and shower facilities.Attentive and cheerful staff.
Absolute 5 star experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.