Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Five Thirty Eight estimates fuel costs of extra weight...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Five Thirty Eight estimates fuel costs of extra weight...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Mike1625
There are two simple things that I thought for years airlines should do to lighten their loads, but they never do:

1. When they announce in the gate area that boarding is going to start soon, why not put in the script that passengers have time to make a bathroom trip, and identify the closest bathroom.

2. Why not have a big trash can at the end of every jetway. So when you are standing there, right before you get on the plane, and waiting for the line to move you can drop a few things in the trash can instead of taking them on the plane.

While these two steps won't save millions of dollars, they certainly can save some money.
Simple but brilliant. Don't make it obligatory... frame it as a request, and plenty of sheep, er pax, will comply, er cooperate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.