Search

Access premium lounge/club after check out

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2014, 9:31 am
Formerly known as cagalindo
Original Poster

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC

Fair to negate high tier members access to lounges after check out?

Ie. check out in the morning, you left bags at the hotel, come back in the evening to pick them up and would like to hit the lounge up one last time
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE

Just ask. Whatever reply is will be fair.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
I have been able to leave bags for later departure after checking out and return for some snack and drinks in the lounge before heading out to the airport for an evening flight in Asian IC and CP.

IHG RA/Plat
Old Jun 14, 2014, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
As OP can imagine, the lounge is for guests and he's not a guest. Doesn't mean that polite "ask" won't generate a "yes" and that maybe the "ask" is accompanied by a picture of a President.

If the answer is "no" just slink away and have one at the bar.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I would assume that lounge access, or at least the F&B, end upon checkout, including elite guaranteed late checkouts, so I wouldn't normally try to use the lounge after checkout.

However, in some hotels, you're encouraged to check out in the lounge. In these properties, ti would seem normal to then wait in the lounge and use their wifi, computers and printers, coffee and bottled water, etc.

IME in Asian destinations such as SIN and KUL that have many long haul departures around midnight, the hotel seems to assume that you'll use the lounge, including F&B, before leaving for the airport. I've seen people who were not arriving guests using
lounges with luggage in Japan just as I've seen arriving guests be invited to take breakfast in the lounge or later help themselves to beverages while waiting for their rooms to become available.

YMMV
Old Jun 15, 2014, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I've been invited to use a lounge prior to check-in if I'm early.

It is a very simple proposition.
Ask if it is possible to use the lounge later the same day after check out. If the hotel says "yes," then thank them very much, answer a survey if one comes regarding how they went "above and beyond," and say good things about the hotel.
If the hotel says "no," don't throw a tantrum, don't post on TA, and if everything else was acceptable regarding the stay, thank them.

(If the hotel won't let your friend staying in a separate room use the lounge with you later the same day after check out ......
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I've been invited to use a lounge prior to check-in if I'm early.

It is a very simple proposition.
Ask if it is possible to use the lounge later the same day after check out. If the hotel says "yes," then thank them very much, answer a survey if one comes regarding how they went "above and beyond," and say good things about the hotel.
If the hotel says "no," don't throw a tantrum, don't post on TA, and if everything else was acceptable regarding the stay, thank them.

(If the hotel won't let your friend staying in a separate room use the lounge with you later the same day after check out ......

LOL...perfect!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.