Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Passenger rights when missed airline flight was due to immigration processing.

Passenger rights when missed airline flight was due to immigration processing.

Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by kb9522
There is never an excuse to act like you're a hobo. Unless you actually are.

Want to sleep? Get a room. Otherwise, man up and stay awake.

The lounge is not your personal bedroom. Neither are the four seats you take up at the terminal.
Do you not sleep on flights, since planes aren't your personal bedroom either?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: Delta-Million miler
After many slow immigration checks, I enrolled in Global entry, TSA preapprove and whatever else is out there. I also keep my passport and papers ready, carry minimum luggage, keep my appearance as close to the one in the passport and learned to keep my mouth closed. Travel has become tiring.
Recently, I left my jacket at the TSA (after passing through) and realized at the gate. When I went back to TSA, I could see my jacket but they wouldn't pass it on to me (it had been sent through the x-ray). I had to go out all the way, go through the check and retrieve the jacket-Logic? Dont look for it.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Well someone other thn the powerless passenger should be responsible and pay up compensation ?

Are there channels to request compensation from immigration if they delay you ? Are there any travel insurance policies that cover such kind of evenrs ?

It’s not fair that individuals can end up being financially liable (cost of hotel and replacement flight) if CBP messes up

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.