Wiki Posts
Search

Six Defunct Airlines That Were Doomed From the Start

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:37 am
Used to be 'FTcadence'
Original Poster

Six Defunct Airlines That Were Doomed From the Start

Hooters Air? Erotic Air? Who signed off on these ideas??

http://www.thrillist.com/travel/nati...rways-and-more

Naked-Air? I think that I'd actually pay not to fly Naked-Air. I'd never want to see the majority of flyers in their birthday suits.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: KL FlyingBlue Gold, AY+, MM FTL, TK*G
Originally Posted by TravelingPeanut
Naked-Air? I think that I'd actually pay not to fly Naked-Air. I'd never want to see the majority of flyers in their birthday suits.
Isn't that a great potential business case? You have x number of people worldwide who would want to fly on such an airline, and then you have y number of people who would pay NOT to fly, and y is probably a lot larger than x .
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Wow - I was thinking Muse but these are a different class of bow wow....
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1K - National Executive.
Skybus isn't listed
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
I was thinking Hooters Air even before I clicked on the link.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:38 am

Even without outrageous gimmicks, Independence Air should have been on this list - discount airline with regional jets?

What were they smoking?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Hooters Air? Erotic Air? Who signed off on these ideas??

http://www.thrillist.com/travel/nati...rways-and-more

The ones that I would want to see would likely not fly that airline.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MPO Gold, Presidents Choice Gourmet Coffee, Flying Blue, Flying Club
But surely with that kind of policy, the airline would save on fuel costs, and lower ticket prices as a results. Isn't that what we want at the end of the day?

And a corresponding lowering of dignity
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by karaokequeen3
But surely with that kind of policy, the airline would save on fuel costs, and lower ticket prices as a results. Isn't that what we want at the end of the day?

And a corresponding lowering of dignity
Would SFPD be required for ALL pax to ensure that only adults fly this airline?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum ; Hilton Gold; Hertz 5*, Delta DM. Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
I flew Hooters once from NYC to Myrtle Beach. They had "Hooters" girls on the flight as flight attendants, but they were in track suits which was a letdown. The biggest tease though was on the drink cart...they had a huge chicken wing bucket out so I was thinking we were getting wings! Nope...it was just ice. Weak.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by GergoryWilson
Skybus isn't listed
I actually had flights booked on Skybus when it went bankrupt.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
From the name alone, I'm surprised that Wizz is still flying. Maybe the word doesn't have the same connotation in Europe? Should their tag line not be "Go ahead, take a Wizz."
Old Jan 9, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by tfly212
I flew Hooters once from NYC to Myrtle Beach. They had "Hooters" girls on the flight as flight attendants, but they were in track suits which was a letdown. The biggest tease though was on the drink cart...they had a huge chicken wing bucket out so I was thinking we were getting wings! Nope...it was just ice. Weak.
I may be one of the only folks who ever flew Hooters on two business trips (RFD-DEN and RFD-BWI), but IIRC the Hooters Girls were not the flight attendants. The actual flight attendants dressed normally and did the normal FA things, including the safety briefing. I believe they were employed by the aircraft operator Pace Airlines. [Side Note: I have those flights entered on my FlightMemory page as "Pace Airlines" flights. ]

The Hooters Girls were the in-flight entertainment, bombarding us with trivia questions over the PA, tossing out T-shirts, and just generally doing their best to keep us occupied...kind of annoying if you weren't into their schtick. And I couldn't specifically tell you what they were wearing, but it definitely wasn't skimpy. If the naughtiest Hooters restaurant would be rated "PG-13" then the airline versions were a light PG.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by milepig
From the name alone, I'm surprised that Wizz is still flying. Maybe the word doesn't have the same connotation in Europe? Should their tag line not be "Go ahead, take a Wizz."
The Beavis and Butthead in me would fly Wizz air just because of the name.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by t325
The Beavis and Butthead in me would fly Wizz air just because of the name.
I have flown Wizz Air and it stinks. And so did the two people sitting next to me. No seat assignments, so I was stuck in the middle between two anonymous fellow travellers who were in need of a shower. Or at least under arm hygiene. 30" pitch (felt like less), no recline, 2.5 hours.

Wizz Hell. Cheap. Never again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.