Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Funniest things you have read on Tripadvisor

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Fragola
Also must be clearly lying about the damaged purse. Outfitters don't typically allow "baggage" onto the raft.
Could be a purse as in a wallet - the American purse tends to be the equivalent of the British handbag. The price being quoted in dollars does rather suggest an American though.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 5:12 pm

I liked the complaint about Latin music but they didn't speak Latin
Old Mar 30, 2014, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Fragola
Also must be clearly lying about the damaged purse. Outfitters don't typically allow "baggage" onto the raft.
Good point.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Here's an odd one. I reviewed a Hampton Inn on TA and I mentioned they had cookies in the lobby. This is the response my review got from TA:
And that's how you do social media properly.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:55 am

"The location leaves a bit to be desired, but you can accept this small flaw"

Restaurant located on Conduit Street, in the heart of Mayfair, London
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Lol, I guess this person was expecting to see some "rich and famous" people, haha. I cant think of many people of wealth or high status that stay in Sheraton hotels....

"And to me I used to think the rich and famous stay at the Sheraton, but I know no one who stays at this particular one is a winner unless of course there is some mysterious part of the building where they put the more "well-deserving" customers according to their own discretion."
Old Apr 13, 2014, 1:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Doubletree Bethesda:

There were NO towels in the room when I checked in. I dialed the number for housekeeping and got the front desk. I told the person at the front desk that I had no towels and he said that he would send someone up with the towels. After waiting 30 minutes I went downstairs to the front desk and told them I was not moving until someone handed me my towels. To meet my expectations there should be a full set of towels in my room at checkin. To meet my expectations someone should have delivered a full set of towels in a timely fashion when I report the problem. I should not have to go down to the front desk to get the attention that my issue deserved.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Just came across this gem today:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserRe...al_Russia.html

Jet lag made it difficult for me to sleep

Red square was a treat. I loved the old buildings and Saint Basil's cathedral. Would I go again? Yes! It's not the good 'ol USA but I enjoyed my trip
Old Apr 25, 2014, 6:28 pm

After Tripadvisor decided not to publish a negative review I wrote for a touring company, I could no longer trust them. They do publish negative reviews for hotels, but apparently not for every travel category. After I got an email telling me they decided not to publish my review, I received an email from the tour company asking me why I was not satisfied with them. So, apparently Tripadvisor notified the tour company and yanked the negative review.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 11:49 pm

Programs: AF Plat a vie, EK Gold, SQ PPS
Funny to see someone writing this on TA and disgusting at the same time:

http://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowUs...ECK_RATES_CONT

Last edited by Catusa; Apr 25, 2014 at 11:58 pm
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:47 am

Funniest / weirdest I saw ...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...ECK_RATES_CONT

“Swingers Party took over the entire hotel. Absolutely disgusting.”

1 of 5 starsReviewed October 23, 2011 via mobile
Walked in my room, smelled like damp carpet and mildew.
After a long day at a soccer tournament, my teammates and I were looking forward to a quiet night resting for the next days games. Unfortunately we walked into the hotel during the Saints and Sinners halloween ball. The event seemed innocent enough at the start, 200+ middle aged couples having a costume party with a raffle to boot! We quickly realized that this was no ordinary halloween ball... the 200+ couples were part of a larger Swingers association. We returned to our rooms to listen to the orgy on either side of the walls... left immediately and tried to find a place in the hotel to find some peace and quiet, our next mistake was entering the pool area. This was where we stumbled upon upwards of 8 couples having sex both in and on the side of the pool. While running away from the scene, we were chastised by the hotel manager for being in and around the fitness area after hours.
The only safe location to avoid this rampant party of sex addicts was the lobby...or so we thought. In only 20 minutes in the lobby, we were approached by zues, a pirate, a couple naughty nurses and at least 2 zombies asking if we wanted to join them upstairs for another "round"... needless to say the underage kids sitting with us felt very confused/uncomfortable.

Shame on you Starwood for allowing this event to occur at the hotel, especially when management was fully aware of the antics that we were forced to witnesss.
For shame.

Stayed October 2011
Old Apr 26, 2014, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by IncyWincy
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...ECK_RATES_CONT

1 of 5 starsReviewed October 23, 2011 via mobile
Walked in my room, smelled like damp carpet and mildew.
After a long day at a soccer tournament, my teammates and I were looking forward to a quiet night resting for the next days games. Unfortunately we walked into the hotel during the Saints and Sinners halloween ball. The event seemed innocent enough at the start, 200+ middle aged couples having a costume party with a raffle to boot! We quickly realized that this was no ordinary halloween ball... the 200+ couples were part of a larger Swingers association. We returned to our rooms to listen to the orgy on either side of the walls... left immediately and tried to find a place in the hotel to find some peace and quiet, our next mistake was entering the pool area. This was where we stumbled upon upwards of 8 couples having sex both in and on the side of the pool. While running away from the scene, we were chastised by the hotel manager for being in and around the fitness area after hours.
The only safe location to avoid this rampant party of sex addicts was the lobby...or so we thought. In only 20 minutes in the lobby, we were approached by zues, a pirate, a couple naughty nurses and at least 2 zombies asking if we wanted to join them upstairs for another "round"... needless to say the underage kids sitting with us felt very confused/uncomfortable.

Shame on you Starwood for allowing this event to occur at the hotel, especially when management was fully aware of the antics that we were forced to witnesss.
For shame.

Stayed October 2011
lol I've been to a swingers party as an invite at a San Diego hotel in one of their premier suites! Why complain!!! Oooh, naughty nurses and zombies!!!! That's a hoot. He missed out on the fun.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Somewhere on FT there is a thread with a poster politely wishing that their hotel had warned them they had mostly booked the property for a leather convention because they didn't think it was the right environment for their elementary school age kids and then another poster politely grumbling about how he'd tried to book a room for the convention earlier than they did and had been told it had sold out and it was just so typically FT it cracked me right up.

Darned if I can find the thread now though.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Somewhere on FT there is a thread with a poster politely wishing that their hotel had warned them they had mostly booked the property for a leather convention because they didn't think it was the right environment for their elementary school age kids and then another poster politely grumbling about how he'd tried to book a room for the convention earlier than they did and had been told it had sold out and it was just so typically FT it cracked me right up.

Darned if I can find the thread now though.
You mean this old gem?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-my-hotel.html

Funny indeed!
Old Apr 28, 2014, 7:35 am

"free breakfast buffet does not have bacon. I would not recommend this hotel."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.