Search

Funniest things you have read on Tripadvisor

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Orion67

<snip>

The "social media influencer" demands a free stay at the hotel owned by the guy who posted the video. He laughs at her and she erupts in a rage. Pretty funny.

Many of us run the risk of being exposed to a social media influenzer. Is there some shot to take for protection?
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by RoyalFlush
I proudly contribute to TripAdvisor heavily... Do you have any better suggestions?
Enrich whatever already-insanely-wealthy people you wish.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I am in the food industry. I had one person leave a review to say I was the worst business owner they had ever encountered and I should retire and sell it to someone who isn't a moronic idiot and closed when there are queues of people lined up outside my closed door. Why? Because I wasn't open at midnight on NYE and having to deal with drunks and idiots!
LapLap likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 4:47 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
I was very amused by this board outside a cafe in Franschhoek. One way to capitalize on a bad review!

This is smart. I think I actually would call in and try it, just out of curiosity.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by BearX220
Enrich whatever already-insanely-wealthy people you wish.
Any time you are a consumer of any product of a large corporation, you are doing exactly that... so I have no intention of inconveniencing my life to spite the wealthy.
strickerj likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 2:44 pm

So this is from a review for a product:
"Great product, but incorrectly advertised. These pedals were advertised as gold, they showed up as yellow."
Old Aug 25, 2020, 10:28 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
A couple of recent reviews on a local resort that told their staff they'd only be rehired post-Covid for the summer season if they took a pay cut and it rather shows:

The maid screaming on speakerphone through the hallways at 8 am. The back of the door has a welcome sign from Lawton Chiles. He was the Floridian governor 1991-1998. The last time I imagine this place was updated. And I paid over $200 for this and a resort fee.
Not to mention last night I tried to use the swimming pool and about 30 women were there getting baptized in it so that it was unusable. Most bizarre thing I've ever witnessed.
We were given the wrong gift bag when we arrived as were several others in our party. I hope Brad and Lisa had a wonderful wedding, we made good use of their party favors even though we do not know them!
Our new room is ok and I mean just acceptable.....on our way to go purchase light bulbs for our $150 a night hotel room!
Old Oct 1, 2020, 2:06 pm

Funniest One

Booked on Hotwire and I wanted a Direct Ocean View Room and upon checkin agent informs me that all Ocean Views are created equally. Wound up in a partial ocean view with a with a nice view of the roof.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 1:13 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by BearX220
Since I found out how the CEO of TripAdvisor gets compensated ($47 million+ in 2018) while somehow convincing thousands of civilians like you to generate all his content / create all his value for $0, I post to TA a lot less.

https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/n...s-as-much.html
I have no problem with the CEO of TA getting paid that. I used to be an avid TA contributor back in 2008 - 2015, and then TA started telling me they were taking down my old posts as the hotel had been renovated. However, it was only the bad reviews not the excellent reviews. How did I know this? My job required me to travel extensively at the time so had a number of reviews for the same properties. Then they removed a bad review of a property I had literally stayed at the week before as it was under new management and had been renovated. The week before! After these couple of incidents I realized TA was now beholden to the interests of the hotels and no longer interested in true reviews that were unfavorable. My reviews were favorable for the majority of the places I stayed.

2015 was when I stopped contributing and reading TA reviews as I no longer trusted them.

I now use the reviews on various online booking platforms and read the comments.. The online booking platforms want repeat customers so will not filter the reviews of hotel guests.
FlyerEC, TGarza and strickerj like this.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle

I now use the reviews on various online booking platforms and read the comments.. The online booking platforms want repeat customers so will not filter the reviews of hotel guests.
TA is also an online booking platform.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 1:37 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by erik123
TA is also an online booking platform.
I only ever used them once for an online booking of an apartment in London and it did not end up well as the apartment was broken into whilst I was staying there. Actually a number of things went wrong with the stay but that was the icing on the cake.

TA is not one of the online booking platforms that i choose to use, but mainly because I do not trust their reviews..

The original concept of TA was brilliant.
strickerj likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 8:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I stayed at this property when it first opened and thought it was ok. I’m here again because the location is convenient to where I needed to go. It is terrible this time. No service, no coffee, breakfast is a cold pack, no housekeeping even when you make a request. Not a thing positive to stay about this place. A tent in the park would be better.
I get that COVID as an excuse to not do housekeeping or provide breakfast sucks, but I don't think it makes a hotel room worse than a tent in the park.
JNelson113 and pudgym29 like this.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 6:08 am

I was looking at reviews for more secluded, all-inclusive resorts in the Cancun area and stumbled upon a gem of a lowly 2 star review for one. The reason? They were complaining that there was nothing to do other than eat, go to the pool, or enjoy the beach.

Isn’t that the whole point of booking an all-inclusive at Cancun?
Old Nov 28, 2020, 11:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Hilarious!
Old Dec 20, 2020, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Someone visited Toronto and proclaimed "Best coffee ever!" for their first visit to a Tim Hortons.
strickerj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.