Funniest things you have read on Tripadvisor

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Funniest things you have read on Tripadvisor

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:50 am

And this Yelp review for Serendipity 3 in NYC:

https://www.yelp.com.au/biz/serendip...source=(direct)
rbwpi likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Offshore171

Ha ha...see...fat shaming people is funny! Ha ha!
/s

That's pathetic.

Was looking at reviews for the Fairmont in Bermuda and came across this one:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowU...h_Bermuda.html

Short version: Their house got damaged while they were away on holiday, the cat ran away, and the hotel didn't care.
Uh...They were pissed because the hotel wouldn't act as travel insurance? Sorry your home is damaged but how is that the responsibility of the hotel?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by DutchessPDX
Ha ha...see...fat shaming people is funny! Ha ha!
Thats all you got from it?

What got me was that the author went to such lengths to paint a bizarrely dystopian experience, including the waiter and the state of the bathroom.

A couple of years ago, friends suggested we go there, and I did a quick search for reviews, and that one, at the time, was the first one that came up!

We went anyway, and the reviewer was certainly accurate about the lav...
ftlaudmike likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:26 am

Thats all you got from it?

What got me was that the author went to such lengths to paint a bizarrely dystopian experience, including the waiter and the state of the bathroom.

A couple of years ago, friends suggested we go there, and I did a quick search for reviews, and that one, at the time, was the first one that came up!

We went anyway, and the reviewer was certainly accurate about the lav...
It was cringy and all the "comedy" was about how fat the patrons were. I'll pass.
kimberlyrose likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:05 am

It was closed for a while by the department of sanitation.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:33 pm

The opening lines of this review of a restaurant in Florence:

"My husband runs an 8 million annual revenue restaurant a year. I am a gourmet cook and we are the No reservations Anthony Bourdain kind of travelers. We enjoy eating the local food and drinking the local wine the most over seeing ALL the sights. We have always eaten at restaurants that we have found ourselves but tonight we decided to eat on the recommendation of the Rick Steve's book. BIG MISTAKE!!""

Too bad she only has one other review and she is really enthusiastic about it, even if her reviewing skills do not include description skills: "The food here is AMAZING!! The food here is insane."
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
I recently stayed in Scotland in a location with extremely good reviews. Its last one star review a few years ago was due to a woman complaining at great length that the white building opposite her loch view room was a public toilet, that it was disgraceful to expect her to see a public toilet and that she was too distressed to eat or drink during her stay and it was even more outrageous that the hotel didnt comp her stay when she left a day early. The hotel response politely pointing out that they'd offered her complimentary drinks, free use of the landline to call alternative places (no signal locally), to move to an alternative room without a view of the toilet (or loch), and didnt charge them a cancellation fee for the 2nd night was a masterclass in demonstrating service recovery and pointing out oh so politely that the poster was a little bit difficult and unreasonable.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: Delta-Million miler
In a southern Indian restaurant..."Silly Chicken" (Chili Chicken)
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:14 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

There are aplenty on Etihad, 1-star/2-star reviews:
worst airline ever been on, flights were delayed, lost luggage, no compensation, just wasting my time with emails, if you hate someone, book them on etihad
1. The other airlines operating in the same area are much better
2. The Abu Dhabi airport is indecent
3. The entertainment - movies are embarrassing
4. The crew members are too few
5. The food is poor
6. The temperature in airplane is fing cold, all the journey freezing under a number of blankets and the temperature could not be controlled
7. There is no free internet
... After numerous miscommunications, the Doha to Dubai Etihad shuttle bus took us to a different drop off point than was booked, staff were very unhelpful ...
This review was from a week ago mind you

This one is the best for me:
I was confused when I was flying with Etihad in economy class if the airfare I bought was for low cost airlines. All you get is blanket and pillow from Etihad. No menu, snacks were only serve at a certain time. I considered myself lucky that Etihad atleast managed to provide a self service water during the entire flight. I did regret for taking the Etihad for this year’s trip. Food wasn’t that fascinating. I traveled atleast once a year and I’ve flown with Eva Air, Cathay Pacific, Philippine Airlines, Air Canada, Emirates Airlines, Qatar Airways and as far as I remember, those mentioned airlines would provide toiletries such as toothbrush and toothpaste, eye mask for sleeping, socks or sleepers you could use inside the plane, menu was provided, self service light snacks were available at their counter during the entire flight. I read a review somewhere from this site that you have to bring your own food if you don’t want to get hungry with Etihad-that passenger was right. Etihad only cater their better service and amenities to business class passengers.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by erik123
It was closed for a while by the department of sanitation.
The review was obviously written as a joke or ill thought out satire.

One cannot take this seriously: (a review of a hamburger)
  • The chili was lukewarm and grizzly, the onion was soggy and potent. The meat was so well done it shattered all of my teeth; so I began to cry uncontrollably,

and
  • On the way out, I noticed monkey beanie babies and toys all over the shelves giving me a sinister vibe; it felt like an appropriate conclusion to a horror film.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
https://www.yelp.com/biz/holiday-inn...source=(direct)

BUT we took our dogs with us and we literally would walk across the street to grab lunch or drive to the local grocery store for like 15 mins and we would receive calls from the front desk about our dog barking. We have a 11 yr old, 5 lb senior chihuahua. There was a french family staying beside us who obviously hated dogs. These people were trash in my opinion. They came to Zion and stayed in their room all day. They complained at 10am, they complained at 2pm, they complained at 7pm. Who does that? Get out and explore while in Zion and get a life. The front desk seemed apologetic about the people continually complaining about us. We ended up leaving late Wednesday night instead of early Thursday morning like we planned.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Platinum, UA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
This is a common issue when I do have to write negative reviews. Frequently since the manager will know they have the last word will respond publically with something like "I tried very hard to do xyz, yet this person could just not be satisfied, but you're always welcome back"

It's frustrating at times.
I've never posted on TA, but I was thinking can't you start another review to rebut the the manager's comments?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Originally Posted by LA2CDG
I've never posted on TA, but I was thinking can't you start another review to rebut the the manager's comments?
Just to jump in here...

I’m an avid user of TripAdvisor. I post way over 100 reviews per year. Four out of five are for hotels. Most are just logistics; area dining details, transportation options, nearby sights, good rooms, bad rooms, good side of property, etc. it usually thanks one or two employees by name.

I use TA as a travel journal of sorts. Sometimes post reviews in a poetic manner.

Probably about once per year, a property is so bad, just deplorable, their management non-responsive, etc, that I get on TA every three months and smoke ‘en. And I mean, just roast them to a crisp. Creamation.

Every three months like clock-work. Some property GMs are well aware of this and go an extra ten miles for me.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Creamation...sounds smooth.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
It's Yelp, not TripAdvisor, but one of my Yelp reviews made it on Far & Wide's article, "Hilarious Terrible Yelp Reviews of National Parks" at https://www.farandwide.com/s/funnies...aed16980024eb3.

For the record, most of the "terrible" reviews are, like mine, obvious satire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.