Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Funniest things you have read on Tripadvisor

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I want people to specify exact costs. I hate phrases like, it was expensive or cheap so I can determine that myself.
One challenge with mentioning exact costs in a review is that many reviews sites filter out numerical figures. Another is that prices can vary enormously by time of year. For example, one cheap hotel in a resort area I've stayed at a few times runs from $40/night off season to $80/night shoulder season to $120/night weekends high season. When reviewing such places I strive to provide context by describing relative prices. "Hotel X had a cramped room and cheap linens on the bed, but given it was basically clean and only 2/3 the price of the next cheapest hotel in the area I felt it was a fair deal."
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Low Roller
In a review of a Holiday Inn Express: "When I was booking the place, I was misled by the price to believe I was going to stay at a five star hotel. I was totally wrong."

Really, you were misled into believing a HIE was a five star hotel? Don't get me wrong, I like HIE (especially the cinnamon rolls), but you know what you are getting.
What's in those sausage patties? Had way too many of those over the years, but no idea and probably shouldn't want to know. But, they had that distinct taste I've never found anywhere else.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
What's in those sausage patties? Had way too many of those over the years, but no idea and probably shouldn't want to know. But, they had that distinct taste I've never found anywhere else.
It's never a wise idea to inquire how the sausage is made.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
"It serves to the mexican locals who are all on vacation at this place. The Food sucked! THE refried beans look like brown water no beans. Forget trying to get a hot water to shower or towels...pools are over run by screaming, unruly Mexican kids. Pools isn't clean. It sits next to an abandon building that blocks the ocean view. First time to Mexico and last trip....I WILL never come back!!!"

Lol, nothing like judging an entire country by the 2.5 star hotel you booked. I have actually stayed at this property, and while it is not "nice" by any stretch, it is clean and does the job for a cheap budget hotel, with decent pool and location. Haha, and yeah, when you vacation in Mexico, you will find Mexican locals with screaming children, just like when you vacation in the US, you find US locals with screaming kids.
pudgym29 and aroundtheworld76 like this.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Wink

Originally Posted by tatterdema
"It serves to the mexican locals who are all on vacation at this place. The Food sucked! THE refried beans look like brown water no beans. Forget trying to get a hot water to shower or towels...pools are over run by screaming, unruly Mexican kids. Pools isn't clean. It sits next to an abandon building that blocks the ocean view. First time to Mexico and last trip....I WILL never come back!!!"

Lol, nothing like judging an entire country by the 2.5 star hotel you booked. I have actually stayed at this property, and while it is not "nice" by any stretch, it is clean and does the job for a cheap budget hotel, with decent pool and location. Haha, and yeah, when you vacation in Mexico, you will find Mexican locals with screaming children, just like when you vacation in the US, you find US locals with screaming kids.
What a coincidence: When we are at Chinese resorts during vacation, we run into Chinese locals with screaming Chinese kids.
pudgym29 likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tentseller
What a coincidence: When we are at Chinese resorts during vacation, we run into Chinese locals with screaming Chinese kids.
Good lord imagine that. I bet they do not even have the decency to scream in English so that people who actually PAID for their hard earned vacation can understand them.

Lol, my sister actually lightly complained about staying at a Mexico resort last month, and that they were the only white people there. Then the weekend came, along with the obnoxious Americans and Canadians, and it made her appreciate the Mexican families.
trooper likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
A Yelp review of a The Melting Pot fondue restaurant:

Tasteless food, had to boil my steak and chicken, food safety concerns with raw meat at table, stale bread to dip.... Way overpriced. Fondue sauce lousy,sent the first flavor back and second one no better. Only good thing was the atmosphere and waiter
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:12 am

Love it. As a business owner I hate reviews like this where customers can say anything that isnt true.
We don't actually know that the headphones weren't stolen. Only that the hotel claim that no-one accessed the room.

EDIT: Though, I see from the rest of the thread that this is a pro-owner thread. I do accept that there are inaccurate tripadvisor reviews. However, there are also cases where things disappear from hotel rooms (e.g. another thread where someone awoke to find a burglar in their room) so I wouldn't accept the disclaimer by the hotel at face value either.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
This is one very angry man:

princejeddah
“Terrible”I stayed in this hotel thinking it as excellent hotel by name if Hilton, but I'm Soo disappointed to see that this hotel do not care for guest needed. I stayed in this hotel only for the day because I have to catch an evening flight. The bad points are 1. No shuttle until we call the hotel. ...! We see all the shuttles from other hotel passed by more than once but "his Excellency Hilton garden Inn" was never seen. After frustration we had to use my international phone to call their majesty to come to the airport. After the second call then His majesty arrived. This is stupid and very unfair. 2. Other shuttles from the same chain "Hilton ....." refused to take us despite the god-damned hotels are next to each other ...!. 3. THE WORSE IS THAT AFTER LOSING HALF OF MY DAY WAITING FOR OUR GOLDEN CARRIAGE AND HUNGRY. WE ASKED FOR ROOM SERVICE. THE PRINCESS OF THE HOTEL REPLIED WE ONLY SERVE AFTER 5PM.!!!!!!! .... WE HAD TO WALK OUTSIDE AND LOOK FOR SOMETHING TO EAT. IT WAS FREEZING COLD. This is the worse of the worse. This management do not know what customer need. Go back to customer service training again. I will never recommend anyone and I definitely will not come back to this hotel again .
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re..._Virginia.html
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by CMK10

the hotel is delighted you won't be back. That's not a punishment but a reward.
ajGoes likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:14 pm

the hotel is delighted you won't be back. That's not a punishment but a reward.
Indeed. I stayed there last year and knew to call for the shuttle. It isn't a giant property so constantly running shuttles are not practical.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10
Thanks, that was pretty funny. Looking at the "Prince's" History is telling. Everything is either exceptional or horrible. Pretty funny he calls an Ibis hotel a 5*. Hmmm, that is also kind of telling. Been a long long time since I have stayed in an Ibis, but unless they have really upped their game......
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Review from Sofitel Nusa Dua. How dare the hotel let the weather affect their hair!

Very organised reception and helpful staff despite inundated by mobs of people.
Well appointed rooms and amenities.. However the humid weather soon got the hair all frizzy as soon as one stepped out.
Food was sumptuous and swimming pool was great.
Small things that needed help were quickly sorted out ( broken bag lock from the flight).
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:35 am

Was looking at reviews for the Fairmont in Bermuda and came across this one:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowU...h_Bermuda.html

Short version: Their house got damaged while they were away on holiday, the cat ran away, and the hotel didn't care.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Offshore171
Was looking at reviews for the Fairmont in Bermuda and came across this one:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowU...h_Bermuda.html

Short version: Their house got damaged while they were away on holiday, the cat ran away, and the hotel didn't care.

Ha ha!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.