Reload this Page >

Lounge Use When Accompanied by Two Non-status colleagues

Old Nov 13, 13, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Hi!

I'm running into an etiquette issue and I'd like to know how others have resolved it. Normally, if I travel with someone, it is likely that they have lounge access, like I do. Admittedly, sometimes, they are eligible for a lower status lounge than I am. If it is just two of us, I will guest to my lounge level. If someone travels with us who has no status, we usually have enough "guest" privileges to bring them in with us.

However, on a trip scheduled in the near future, I am travelling with two non-status colleagues. I could guest one person in, but that leaves the other out. Ordinarily, I would just suck it up and not mention, nor visit the lounge. But, one colleague has been a past recipient of guesting, so he already knows. Also, these are very long haul flights (8+ hours with time zone changes) and significant layovers (3 hrs.). I hate to just give up the possibility of enjoying the lounge. Last bit of info- one colleague (the one who has been guested before) reports to me and the other will likely be a person with whom I will share high level responsibilities in the near future.

So, how have you handled similar situations?

Thanks!
Old Nov 13, 13, 9:15 pm

Tell them both you can only take one , have one of them on the flight to your destination and the second on the return.
Most lounges will offer the option to buy a lounge pass ...
Old Nov 13, 13, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ReduceTC View Post
Tell them both you can only take one , have one of them on the flight to your destination and the second on the return.
Most lounges will offer the option to buy a lounge pass ...
Thanks- perhaps an even division of opportunities is best. No possibility of purchase- British Airways lounges.
Old Nov 14, 13, 1:36 am
kkg

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1MM/1k

if there are more than one lounges you are eligible of using, take one colleague in and then walk out and take the other in the 2nd lounge.
Old Nov 14, 13, 3:46 am

Programs: ROP *G
Not sure if your lounge/airline allows this, but I have been in the same situation.

My status allows me to guest 1 person in.....and the way I guested the other client in was by using my airline credit card which allows 2 entries to the lounge per year if non-status. Never used it before since I've always had access so still had it available and VOILĄ ...easy, non-sneaky trickery access granted.
Old Nov 14, 13, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mchamp View Post
Not sure if your lounge/airline allows this, but I have been in the same situation.

My status allows me to guest 1 person in.....and the way I guested the other client in was by using my airline credit card which allows 2 entries to the lounge per year if non-status. Never used it before since I've always had access so still had it available and VOILĄ ...easy, non-sneaky trickery access granted.
Good idea. However, BA doesn't allow access that way. Could work in other circumstances, though.
Old Nov 14, 13, 10:09 pm

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA, KLM -Silver, SAS - Silver, M&M
Also, these are very long haul flights (8+ hours with time zone changes)
LOL. 8 hours ain't any kind of " long haul" let alone "very" . Anyway, last week in BNE Qantas let me take two non-status colleagues in the lounge, which was nice. So I was saved having to make a choice.