Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Are blue jeans & t-shirt OK in Business Class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2013, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Are blue jeans OK in international Business Class? I am not talking $500 designer jeans, but just regular Wrangler's from Cavenders paired with a clean t-shirt. Or do I need to dress up? FWIW I am not white, so I already don't look rich :-)
Old Sep 24, 2013, 3:05 pm

Yes, jeans and tshirt are okay. There is no dress code in business or first class
Old Sep 24, 2013, 3:10 pm

The idea that all white people look rich is a bit juvenile, to say the least. Enjoy your flight.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 3:11 pm

Jeans and T-shirt should be ok, especially on routes to/from the US. You will see most likely some folks in pyjamas .
Old Sep 24, 2013, 3:38 pm

Young rich celebrities dress "poor" now so really you should dig up your oldest and rattiest pair of jeans and tshirt for the flight. You'll look like an actor.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: Yeah, well, don’t really care anymore
If you, or someone else, has paid for the ticket fair and square you can wear pretty much whatever you like, public decency and cultural eccentrics taken into account. If, however, you are flying non-rev in one capacity or the other, you should dress appropriately. That means a plain coloured ironed shirt, a nice pair of pants and a pair of decently polished shoes.

Your skin colour has got sod all to do with it.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Jeans are fine. However, on a longer trip, they may not be your most comfortable option. If you are doing a TATL or TPAC type trip, you may want to bring something more comfortable to change into. YMMV.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by ysolde
Jeans are fine. However, on a longer trip, they may not be your most comfortable option. If you are doing a TATL or TPAC type trip, you may want to bring something more comfortable to change into. YMMV.
I suggest sweat pants and a wife beater for this
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:46 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

When I traveled in the same cabin as Johnny Depp, he was wearing torn jeansLooked good to me.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:47 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Sheikh Yerbooty
If you, or someone else, has paid for the ticket fair and square you can wear pretty much whatever you like, public decency and cultural eccentrics taken into account. If, however, you are flying non-rev in one capacity or the other, you should dress appropriately. That means a plain coloured ironed shirt, a nice pair of pants and a pair of decently polished shoes.

I'd argue that how you paid for your tix also has sod all to do with it.

If i fly 4 TATLs in paid J then why should i dress differently just to redeem the miles i've earnt?

Rev or non-rev, wear what you want, be courteous, enjoy your flight.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Originally Posted by Sheikh Yerbooty
Tell that to CBP or TSA.

I have pair of jeans that have seen distinctly better days, ratty sneakers, and the most amazingly garish hawiian shirt that are all extremely comfy for travelling in. I make a point of packing them for business & first class. I don't always wear them, but I invariably "get looks" when I do, especially if I'm at the tail end of a 6 day trip, haven't shaved for 4 days, and my Polynesian Drug Dealer look has set in.

You got a ticket: where whatever's lawful to wear. Screw the uptight straights.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:01 pm

I mean, unless your company (if youre traveling for business) requires some kind of stuffy dress code at all times while working for them, then why would you ever feel the need to dress in a way that wasnt physically comfortable or just not comfortable for you/your personality? You don't need to look rich to fly in business class. You just have to have booked business class.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
There was a guy in F wearing torn sweatpants with polished loafers the other day on one of my flights, it was kind of funny. So I'm sure jeans and a t shirt would be fine. I usually wear jeans and a very casual button down, no issues, they won't make you sit coach!
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
I'd argue that how you paid for your tix also has sod all to do with it.

If i fly 4 TATLs in paid J then why should i dress differently just to redeem the miles i've earnt?

Rev or non-rev, wear what you want, be courteous, enjoy your flight.
An award ticket is considered revenue travel. For non rev pax, I agree with the previous poster, you should dress nicely.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:28 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by utqiagvik
Are blue jeans OK in international Business Class?
Absolutely not, you will upstage me in my Patagucci shorts and T-shirt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.