Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights between 2 airport that no other Flyertalker has ever done

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2023, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by AHC96
Connemara (NNR) to Inis Mór (IOR) on Aer Arann Islands
I did that one pre-COVID. I mentioned it upthread. Fun flights and a very underrated destination.
Old May 16, 2023, 7:24 pm

LED (St Petersburg)-PKV (Pskov) Pskovavia AN-24
LED (St Petersburg)-IZA (Izhevsk) Izhavia Yak-42

Those were flown during a different time...
Boraxo likes this.
Old May 17, 2023, 10:03 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
I've taken a few rather unique scheduled flights:
•ANC-ENA on Era Aviation (still bookable on Ravn)
•RNO-STS on Aha!
•I was on one of the first, if not the first, HKG-KMG DragonAir flights. Could see others do this one, but don't see this in the thread.
•I've flown on UA SCHEDULED GRB-ATW, and also ATW-CWA-DEN. How many people can say they've connected in Wausau? (Could not find a Red Carpet Club, but beer was real cheap.)
•Sure other FTers have done this one, but don't see it in the thread PPT-MOZ. (They had to send a second plane for our bags.)
•Have done a bunch of internal flights in China, which are quite common but perhaps not by FTers.
•Have flown DEL-COK, and TRV-DEL. Again both not super rare flights, but perhaps here.
Old May 17, 2023, 11:15 am

Programs: Delta PM
Two that I have done that likely no one else has done, one because it was a flight disruption and commercial flights no longer go there, the other because the airline that flew the pair doesn't exist.
Due to a weather delay, I ended up flying ATL-AGS-HKY on Delta. Pretty sure no commercial flights ever went AGS-HKY (Augusta, GA to Hickory, NC)
Second was PIE-TLH (St Pete, FL-Tallahassee, FL) I can't even remember the airline, but it was a last minute trip when TPA-TLH got canceled.

Back in the day, there were small commuter flights in Florida that were almost bus stop line up and down the west coast. I am sure I flew most of those combinations (like TLH-VPS-PNS or MIA-RSW-SRQ), but suspect others have as well.
Old May 24, 2023, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Mrs. SPN Lifer has flown SIQ-DGT (Siquijor to Dumaguete, R.P.) with our younger son after he got sick eating crab that wasn't fully cooked.
Old May 24, 2023, 6:31 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Cologne-Kiel anyone?

Kiel no longer has commercial flights, but did in the early 2000s
Old May 26, 2023, 9:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
RGA - USH (Río Grande - Ushuaia, in Tierra del Fuego, southern Patagonia) in the early 2000s on a Fokker 28 of the Argentinian Air Force's commercial branch (LADE, IATA code 5U). The plane had a sign saying it had served in the Falklands/Malvinas war, and it did feel very old, although I remember it being very clean. I recall the flight was longer than I had expected (something around 45 minutes) and they even served us some orange juice. The road between both cities was closed because of snow and wind so the F28 was the only option. I had a seat at the back of the plane and the engines were so loud I couldn't hold a conversation with my seat neighbour without screaming. I think LADE still flies that route although they use Saabs now.
Old May 28, 2023, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Maybe I could contribute by adding Turkish Airlines Istanbul - Simferopol ( IST-SIP ) before the Crimea invasion.
Also the no longer operating, Istanbul - Santiago de Compostela route ( IST-SCQ ) with TK might also be another one.
Old May 28, 2023, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Maybe I could contribute by adding Turkish Airlines Istanbul - Simferopol ( IST-SIP ) before the Crimea invasion.
Also the no longer operating, Istanbul - Santiago de Compostela route ( IST-SCQ ) with TK might also be another one.
No longer exist? You've been on this flight?
Old May 28, 2023, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
No longer exist? You've been on this flight?
Since Russia has invaded Crimea, Simferopol Airport only had domestic flights to/from Russian cities and is closed at the moment due to the Ukraine war.
I indeed flew on that route when Simferopol was under the control of Ukraine.
SPN Lifer, Boraxo and lsquare like this.
Old May 28, 2023, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Since Russia has invaded Crimea, Simferopol Airport only had domestic flights to/from Russian cities and is closed at the moment due to the Ukraine war.
I indeed flew on that route when Simferopol was under the control of Ukraine.
Sounds like a nice addition to your list.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 4:51 pm

Programs: AS: MVP Gold (Sapphire), Marriott: Titanium (lifetime Gold)
I took OPO - DLE (Porto to Dole, France). Not only is DLE a tiny-... airport only served by RyanAir, I was the only American for ages, given the weird looks I got from the guy checking passports.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 12:05 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
more CA city pairs

[QUOTE007 -- CXH (Vancouver Harbour) to YWS (Whistler Mountain)
2009 -- YYG (Winnipeg) to YYQ (Churchill).[/QUOTE]

A bunch more short haul CA examples come to mind (all in the never flown category)::
YHM-YYZ
YQQ-YCD
YBR-YWG
YQF-YYC
YQL-YYC
YSJ-YQM
YQX-YQM
Old Jul 2, 2023, 8:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I've got a couple fairly rare flights:
OME-DM2 (Nome-Diomede)
SCC-AKP (Deadhorse to Anaktuvuk Pass)
WAA-TNC (Wales to Tin City)

I expect I'm one of maybe 10 people who have taken all three, but no way to know.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 10:46 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
In the 1990s or early 2000s:
  • Clermont-Ferrand > Munich
  • Clermont-Ferrand > Bordeaux

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.